Veritas Elementary School 3

Posted August 10, 2014
My child has gone to the school since kindergarten & my child has has mostly good teachers & 2 not so good teachers. There were a number of teachers who retired last year & the party line was either due to medical reasons or wanting to pursue personal agendas. I wonder if there were underlying reasons such as the implementation of new Common Core standards or another issue that was left unspoken. The teachers who were good were outstanding. As for the office staff, I tend to agree with the unfavorable comments, unfortunately. Although the service has improved tremendously over the last few years personal experience with them is they appear to "tolerate" me & have witnessed them on numerous occasions with "attitude" toward myself & other parents. However, I know others who do not have this experience. So, it's hard to say the root of the issue. I feel I have been nothing but nice to them and purposely do not make waves for many reasons not relevant to this review. The principal has always been helpful & kind. I personally have had no negative experience with her. My only improvement I would like to see from her is more focus on sport programs as it seems to be a very low priority.

Posted August 09, 2014
I was checing around and saw this, I thought I was just having the review about the many things are dead on, we have been here since 2007 we have 2 childs left to graduate and even my ex husbands wife has had problems, (our children are 7 and 9 years apart in age), if the housing markets value were not so terable we would move back to San Jose, if we sale our house we would lost money. Go in with eyes wide open.

Posted August 18, 2013
Please do not attend this school for the sake of your kids. My child was bullied there and then we the parents were accused of it being our fault. Um... excuse me? My child literally has a bruise that looked like knuckles on his leg. Thank god he is not traumatized by this too much and we got out of this school. And the office staff is horrible but I'm sure they are great to about 10% of people right?

Posted May 09, 2013
Don't believe the propaganda reviews. PTA may be better, now, but the school itself is on a slippery slope. The classrooms are large, teachers (except for a couple) are not very good, and the principle is by far the worst I've come into contact with. My children, like others who've commented, hate coming here; this year will be their last. If your child loves school, and you bring them here, they will soon want to just stay home. I'm not sure of their agenda, but as I've talked to many parents, their children feel the same. It's not a warm and inviting place, very cold, heartless, and disturbing.

Posted December 13, 2012
Great PTA. Great teachers. Staff, teachers and PTA are quick to respond to any inquiry or concern. I am proud to have my boys at Veritas Elementary!

Veritas Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2012
Hi Renee, I read your comment and other comments about the school and PTA. They were very bothersome. The PTA has taken great strides over the last year and a half. Last year and this year the PTA sponsered Red Ribbon Week, Math Night, Science Night, 5 movies Nights, Jog-A thons, Health and Safety Fairs. Every year our 1st major fundraiser is to help kids go to 5th grade science camp. Tonight is our 1st Fall Festival. Next week is our 1st game night for the older kids. Flyers go out all the time. Phone calls go out all the time. If you signed up for the Associtaion and gave your email you are getting updates all the time. I looked through all of the members this year and there was not a Renee in the pile. Maybe it got lost through the channels. I'm sorry you feel like the School and the PTA are not welcomeing. You should have stopped by the Association last night and you could been apart of the fun. What bothers me is the lack of parent support the PTA have gotten. But slowly people are coming around. Hopefully the Parents who have complaints can make some of the meetings and express them. The PTA and school listens. Also Mrs. Crawford is an awsome woman! She cares!

Posted October 26, 2012
Part 2: I am trying to figure out how anyone can say anything negative about the principal? She is a wonderful and kind woman and we feel blessed to have her running our school! Sometimes I think about the way she is always smiling and ask myself is she super human? You may have 1, 2 or 3 children to worry and have concern about, how about try 390+, and see how you feel at the end of the day. The teachers are amazing and we feel blessed to have such amazing, kind and positive role models in our child's life. I look forward to volunteering in our daughter s classroom. Our daughter s Kindergarten teacher last year was honestly one of the best teachers I have observed and she sparked my interest in teaching and I am considering getting back into the classroom, her current teacher has done the same. They do amazing things for having such a small and I mean small budget. Instead of pointing out what you may see as "the negatives", why not ask yourself "what can I do for my child s teacher and what can I do for my child's school"? It takes a village to raise a child and my husband and I are honored to have the staff at Veritas helping raise ours. The Small's

Posted October 26, 2012
We were directed to this site not too long ago and the reviews made me sick to my stomach, especially the reviews about the office staff, who happen to be two of the most caring and loving women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! I know that if I have to call, or check in that I will be met with smiles and most important if our daughter has to go to the office, she is in the best care in the world (this is coming from a mother whom has never left her with a babysitter). For those that feel the need to degrade someone s character when they have done nothing wrong and are amazing have some serious issues and frankly I am very relieved that you have chosen another school. The only things that will make this a better school is a teaching position to open for my husband, special education to be added for our oldest daughter and the parents to have a non-judgmental, positive and loving attitude The Small s

Posted October 26, 2012
Part 1: We were directed to this site not too long ago and the reviews made me feel sad. The office staff, happen to be, two of the most caring and loving women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! I know that if I have to call, or check in that I will be met with smiles and most important,if our daughter has to go to the office, she is in the best care in the world (this is coming from a mother whom has never left her with a babysitter). For those that feel the need to speak so harshly about someone s character when they have been amazing and very loving have some serious issues and frankly I am very relieved that you have chosen another school. The only things that will make this a better school is a teaching position to open for my husband, special education to be added for our oldest daughter and the parents to have a non-judgmental, positive and loving attitude The Small s

Veritas Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2012
I was interested in all the commets posted about parent involvement and the PTA. Our kids just started attending for the first time last school year. I was interested to see what the PTA was really all about. I saw signs saying when the PTA meeting were and received a flyer brought home by my children. I went to the meeting and there were only 2 parents there. Out of 600 students only 2 parents could take time to be involved. So I am slightly confused over the other comments about the PTA since there is not any parent involvement at all and they have not turned anyone down who wants to help. Are you contacting the correct person on the PTA? Where are you getting your feedback from about the PTA not accepting any help? Just curious....sorry your experience was not pleasant maybe you should try again......it is a new year and maybe there are new people involved who are trying to make changes.

Veritas Elementary School
1600 Pagola Street, Manteca, CA  95337
Last modified Veritas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Veritas Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top