Posted August 22, 2013
My school is not the greatest. It needs improvements. I have two children who attend Joshua Cowell School.

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
The problem with Joshua Cowell Elementary School is the current principal who does not know how to operate administration aspect of the school. The principal does not take matters seriously! She does not follow through normal school operations! Administrative ongoing issues: Failure to contact or report of my child or children was absent. Joshua Cowell School never contacts me of my child or children absent from school. Failure to follow proper suspension procedures. The school staff never informed me that my child was suspended. My child told me that she was suspended. When I called the principal she said that she did but had a wrong number. She mention that Alexis had an ongoing issue with another child. I was never informed. Prior to the incident, I was not informed that there was an ongoing issue with my child and another student. Half of the 7th and 8th graders failed the math and no additional tutoring was provided No previous contact before the quarter if the child is not doing well; until it is too late! The school lacks communication, organization and not looking into the child s best interest and education.

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2013
As the old principal was not very friendly the Jr. High Teachers were great but new math teacher is horrible and does not truly want to teach! How can he if 50+% of Jr. High is FAILING! Somethings wrong with taht picture! I Have children who are now in HS but also at this school and it has gone down hill! No homework! Principal needs to tell teachers what to do! They need to read the definition of "homework". No teacher/parent contact when a child is not doing well until it is too late! Old math teacher was much better and is tutoring and helping my child. The old Math Teacher needs to go back to Junior High. More papers sent home so parents know what their children are going and learning! I too have heard the yard duties are not as nice as prior. Looking to move our child for next year!

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 3

Posted January 26, 2013
The reviews seem outdated, so I thought I'd leave a review myself. I'm a former student, and went to the school during the reigns of both the old and new principals. I agree the old principal seemed uncaring, but she did what needed doing, and left the rest to the teachers. The teachers are amazing people who love their jobs and care about the kids they teach. During this time, the school was lively and fun. Especially the junior high years. Then the new principal came. The year was about the same as before, as she was still getting used to the place. Graduation wasn't great, but we made the most of it. Later in my freshman year, I came to visit a teacher. The school was the about the same, save for a few changes. But a visit in my sophomore year changed my mind completely. The place seemed dull and boring, the atmosphere unenthusiastic. The office wasn't its lively, busy self. I'd even heard that some teachers were quitting; indeed, the ones I saw looked tired. The campus decorations were over the top. I think the principal was so bent on changing the school's image, the people suffered. By the way, every time I went to visit, the yard duties were rude. I miss the old ones.

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2011
my girls really like that school, they are so happy, with the new teachers has a parent, Im so happy with the new principal and teachers.

Posted November 28, 2010
I have only recently been introduced to this school, and as the wife and daughter of a teacher myself, I am saddened by the apathetic attitude of several of the teachers. Continually asking for progress reports to no avail and when a student gets a D- on their report card, they have the gall to leave the comment that she is improving. Homework is not given in particular class, so the grade is soley on tests and class work. Perfect, tell me what you do in class. Oh wait, you would have to show up for the parent teacher conference. But they didn't. Told me they other things to do...well guess what....so did I.

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
The only problem with this school is the Principal. She is not a people person and her personality can often be confused by rudeness. The staff on the other hand keep the school going. I too agree that she should retire.

Posted February 04, 2010
I feel that the principle does not do enough to promote school spirit and allow the children to feel proud of their school.

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 3

Posted November 25, 2009
This is our first year at this school. I have a 4th and 2nd grader. My only problem with this school is I feel its all work and no fun for the kids. There are no assemblies, there was nothing extra for Halloween and I feel like my kids have no fun. I feel school should be fun for the children to keep them interested.

Joshua Cowell Elementary School 5

Posted December 03, 2008

Joshua Cowell Elementary School
740 Pestana Avenue, Manteca, CA  95336
Last modified Joshua Cowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joshua Cowell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top