807 students|Manteca Unified

Bad
Good

Neil Hafley Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2015
This school used to be good. I attended almost 20 years ago. Recently there was a head lice out break. I only found out because my son came home and said a student in his class was being teased about it. The other child then ruined his head on my son, purposely giving him lice. I asked my son of the teacher knew, he said the teacher talked to the class about the issue. No note was sent home advising of possible lice infestation. After sending multiple emails to the principle, I was advised the "policy" that prohibited them from informing me of the hazard to my child was being followed and they could not alert the public. A few days later I find a note regarding the incident stapled in the middle of a class work packet. Seems like a school would take a threat to public health a little more serious.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 02, 2013
I have a 8th grade and a 4th grader at Neil Hafley. I love this school. Any problems I have they are right on top of it. The teachers have always responded to me in a timely manner. The ladies in the office are always more then helpful. Especially Mrs. Mattos in the front. She always welcomes me when I walk threw the door. And she seems to remember every ones kids. Which is very reassuring. The only thing I wish this school would do is make the student to teacher ratio smaller. They have way to many combo classes

Posted August 15, 2013
Great school, teachers, and staff. Wonderful atmospher. My children love going to school here and everyone is very helpful.

Neil Hafley Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2012
I have 2 children who graduated from Neil Hafley and 1 that is still is still going. I love the school, the teachers are awesome and staff/principal are amazing. My kids have been comfortable and successful at this school. I have volunteered for over 5 years. The opportunities are there and welcome. My kids are welcome there even as high schoolers for any help with their studies by former teacher. Ladies in office are awesome as well. Never had an issue at Neil Hafley. They are definitely always looking for needed improvement. Fabulous school!!!!!

Posted June 29, 2012
I THINK NEIL HAFLEY IS BY FAR 1 OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN MANTECA ...I WAS A STUDENT THERE KINDERGARDEN THREW 8TH GRADE AND IT WAS A BLAST .... THEY HAVE THE AWESOMEST TEACHERS THE NICEST OFFICE STAFF AND BEST PRINCIPLES.....THE TEACHERS DONT JUST EXPLAIN THE WORK THEY MAKE IT FUN AND ENJOYABLE...IF UR LOOKIN FOR A GOOD SCHOOL FOR UR CHILD ID STICK WITH THE ~NEIL HAFLEY HAWKS ~

Neil Hafley Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
Mean kids and faculty that does not acknowledge. Bullying is not addressed like it should be. No wonder there is an epidemic in American schools. Neil Hafley is one of the reasons.

849 Northgate Avenue, Manteca, CA  95336-2721
Last modified Neil Hafley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.