769 students|Manteca Unified

Bad
Good

Posted April 30, 2015
As a parent and Shasta Alumni, I must say I am proud of this school. Teachers are wonderful. Lots of academic resources at hand. The campus is very safe, clean and we'll kept. We love the Harvest Festival. I do wish the Talent shows were better controlled. Other than that, we adore Shasta.

Posted March 29, 2012
Being a past student of Sahasta School I was thrilled that my children were able attend as well! I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences and feel as though my children are thriving in their learning. (All 3 are current Honor Roll students) I 100% disagree with any negative feedback left by unhappy parents, but I also understand that we are all entitled to our own opinons. THAT being said, it only concerns me that some parents feel that they should be able to drop their children off at school and expect teachers to perform miracles in their own childs learning abilities. LEARNING starts at HOME people! PARENTS along with TEACHERS is what shapes our children's education. Teachers work hard for not much pay and are doing the best they can with ever-increasing class size and budget cuts. Some parents are too quick to blame the teachers instead of look at themselves. I have found that as long as you treat teachers with respect and appreciate what they are doing for your child they are more than willing to do the same. At least that has been MY experience with the Shasta staff. My children have adored ALL of their teachers and if THEY (my children) are happy then I am happy!

Shasta Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2010
This school ruined my childs life...He had to go to a entirely diffrent school because he wasn't learning anything. The teachers are untrained and sarcastic, the principal doesn't have any regard for the safety of the school and hates kids in general. She is horrible so please send your kid to a different school.

Posted November 18, 2009
We really are pleased with the new Principal she is making a big difference and she is really kind and available for our needs. Shasta is truly blessed to have her.

Posted May 28, 2008
i love this school, it is wonderful when staff and principal have been there along time, kindergarten teachers are great

Shasta Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2008
The worst school my child has ever attended. Uncaring teachers who do not have proper training. The principal is not concerned with school safetly at all.

Posted December 19, 2006
I love Shasta School Rick Mello is great and all the teachers and Yard Dutys (sunny the yard duty is awesome!)they all really care about the students and parents ! I have been involved in Shasta for 9 years now. When looking for our 1st home when my oldest was in 5th gd. we made sure to buy a home in the Shasta School area only! We now have 4 children going there and are very pleased in every way! I wished there were more parents and students as happy as our family!

Posted August 02, 2006
I love Shasta Elementary. The teachers are awesome and the staff is wonderful. I would really like for the district to hire new and child friendly yard duties.

Posted November 30, 2005
Shasta is great! The staff is friendly and the teachers really work with you. The teachers communicate well with the parents and put in effort to ensure the students get the best possible education.

Posted August 25, 2004
I have been very pleased with Shasta School. The teachers are professional and teach to the California State Standards. My children love to go to school and they love their teachers. As a parent, I could not ask for more. My children scored in the proficient range on the STAR, and it is a reflection of the outstanding teaching they are receiving at Shasta.

Shasta Elementary School
751 East Edison Street, Manteca, CA  95336-3803
Last modified Shasta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.