Marina Del Rey, CA

Westside Global Awareness Magnet 4

Posted September 23, 2014
This is my daughters first year in this school. and so far she likes it very much The teachers and staff are great,

Posted September 18, 2014
Westside is a small community of teachers, students and parents that work together for an awesome learning experience. It's a place where kids are encouraged to learn and have good goals for life. The staff is always available and there's always great school spirit with teachers and students. It's a fun learning experience.

Posted September 18, 2014
My son is a 6th grader and he loves it here! This school has a lot of great resources and teachers. Administration is extremely dedicated and caring...

Posted September 18, 2014
This is my son's second year in this school. I love the teachers, principal, and the office staff. The teachers are easy to reach, will reply back to emails, questions, concerns. Open and available for meetings. There is also a great computer lab, after school program and garden center. The students learn the regular curriculum as well as focusing on Social, Political, Economic, and Cultural events. The school has an Environmental focus and located between the Venice Channel on the East behind the school, the Balona Wetlands to the South &the Pacific Ocean a block west. Great field trips and involved parents.

Posted September 18, 2014
Great School. Teachers take time to listen to parents and inform about what's going on in class.

Westside Global Awareness Magnet 2

Posted June 08, 2014
There are some good teachers but overall I was disappointed with how the school is ran. The principal is hard to reach and for a Magnet school I dont feel as if my child was being challenged here. I have moved his school for next year as a result. Parent meetings are scheduled at 9 am during the week so it makes it difficult for working parents to attend. This school is also rumored to be closing for renovation but they have said nothing to the parents although most of us have asked to know when as to not disrupt our kids education. Disappointing to see a Magnet school in a great area scoring so low year after year.

Posted May 02, 2014
I think Westside has an amazing team of teachers who are extremely dedicated and love working with their students! There is truly a community of cooperative teachers who are always happy to lend a hand or create an exciting project together. The global awareness theme adds an exciting and engaging layer to the school. It is amazing to have the ability to teach students on a deeper level about the world around them in relation to science, social studies, and current events all through an environmentalist perspective!! The families are very active and involved and make Westside events and activities wonderful for the students. After having worked at many LAUSD schools, I am very happy and proud to make Westside my home. It has been a wonderful year and I am very much looking forward to many more great ones at Westside!!

Posted May 02, 2014
I am a teacher at Westside and I love this school. We have the most wonderful, creative, energetic, curious and diverse group of students from all over Los Angeles. The adults know the children's names, and we have students who are graduating eighth grade who have known each other since kindergarten. We can use the beach as a science lab, as a PE space and as inspiration for writing. We focus our curriculum on global concerns such as the environment, with the beach and local wildlife as an example of how the environment can be cared for and nurtured right outside our back door.

Posted May 02, 2014
I have been very pleased with the evolution of this school as it started to focus on global awareness and really elevated the level of teaching and student experience. I have been pleased with their administration including the principal Cyril Baird and magnet coordinator Deanna Fulton who both have shown professionalism in their dealings with my son and my husband and I. I was especially grateful for them including my son in their running program and training him to run the LA Marathon this year. You don't see many principals spending so much extra time outside normal school hours to help the students growth and become more disciplined.

Posted May 01, 2014
Westside is the place to be! We have an amazing group of educators that work as a team to ensure that every student gets the absolute best available education. Every classroom engages students by offering a hands-on and project-based approach. We are located in Marina Del Rey, walking distance to the Venice Pier and Venice Canals. Come check us out!

Westside Global Awareness Magnet
104 Anchorage Street, Marina Del Rey, CA  90292
(310) 821-2039
Last modified Westside Global Awareness Magnet is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside Global Awareness Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top