Marina, CA

Marina Vista Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2013
The school is very small. However, it has a very friendly and welcoming staff. The children all wear uniforms, which cuts down on the daily disagreements on what your child needs to wear. I wish the school had more programs. There is a large Mexican population and offers for English classes. I wish there were more offers for Spanish classes, as other schools have done. It's very small. Not many extras, but the staff and teachers are competent and friendly.

Posted August 19, 2012
Having just transferred a third grader from Crumpton we are so much more impressed so far-it is early in the year but the caring and quality of the staff has been quite impressive. And a happy, proud child has emerged from the child that was broken by his former teacher.

Marina Vista Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2012
WORST School because I went there in 5th grade the teacher made me cry because I didn't get the answer correct

Posted August 07, 2012
We haven't even started our school year and I have to admit it seems like they don't really know whats going on. I've called and left messages for them to call me back but they never do. We just moved to this state and I've never known a school to be so disorganized. I called one time and actually got someone but they had no Idea on what I needed to do to register my son or get his information from his other school, the phone was handed to 3 other people before they told me to call back., then they never answered. Now school starts tomorrow and I don't know when he goes or when he gets out and I just learned who his teacher would be but I couldn't show him where his class was because the back building had construction tape saying "do not cross".... I am not confident in this schools teaching abilities if they can't contact parents with children who are starting their first year here.

Posted February 10, 2012
We pulled our child out of this school after many of our concenrs were ignored

Posted October 30, 2009

Posted March 10, 2008
Marina Vista Elementary is the worst school you could ever send your children to. The new principal is dumb and very lazy. How did she get this job! What a shame that the important years for these kids is wasted because of your teaching methods. I have posted a review in the past, but it was never posted nor did I recieve a response. This review I admit is harsh, which by the way the first was not. Do the reviews even matter?

Posted March 06, 2008
There has been very little information sent home with the children throughout the year. The school says that the children have been told about several of the activities that have been going on and they expect a 6, 7 or 8 year olds to go home and tell their parents what's happening? I don't think so. Last week when we received their newsletter it had several paragraphs about how much money the the school is losing and has lost when the kids are absent. The last paragraph was threatening the parents that they could be fined $100 and up for not having their children show up for school. There wasn't a single word in it about the education and learning the children are missing when they are absent. I know where her priority is. KaChing$$$$$ That is not right.

Marina Vista Elementary School 5

Posted July 21, 2007
The school could use alot of work. The bathrooms are are not up to par and the gardening needs to be touched up. The Secretary of Marina Vista makes the school well worth going to, Ms. Luann is great and always has a smile on her face. She is a real pleasure to speak with and is very friendly with all who come into the office.

Posted September 14, 2006
- a staff

Marina Vista Elementary School
390 Carmel Avenue, Marina, CA  93933
Last modified Marina Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marina Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top