Martinez, CA

Posted May 17, 2010
We have been truly blessed to have such an extraordinary, out-of-the-box, learning environment. Rona, from their growth and maturity, their sense of responsibilty to themselves and their community, to their sense of self-worth and visions of a more healthy environment, you have transformed our children into fine, responsible members of our community. Thanks!

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter has absolutely flourished at this school. She actually likes to go to school now. Before she was missing credits and failing her classes. Now she is doing great!

Posted May 04, 2010
This school offers students a different way of learning. It engages them 'where they are' not where teachers want them to be. Through its intensive interaction and out-of-the-box activities geared at reaching through students' mental blocks, they have been able to open doors and opportunities for at risk students. This particular population is often very smart but turned off to the regular reading-writing-arithmetic approach used. Briones offers a true alternatives. The teaching staff is committed, passionate, and caring; their individual attention to the students has made a world of difference to my godson. As his guardian I care very much about not only what he learns but how he learns. Briones has done an outstanding job of reaching him and helping him to reach his own potential.

Posted May 03, 2010
This school works very effectively with the community on environmental issues. It a very well-run program and inspires students to develop in positive ways to make a difference.

Posted April 29, 2010
Students are involved in real-world issues in the community and their learning is customized to challenge them with real-world problems and encourage them to take on responsibility as active community members.

Posted April 29, 2010
Briones offers an alternative program called Envirnmental Studies Accedemy (ESA). This program is amazing! My daughter didn't do well in a regular classroom setting, and ESA allowed her to study at her own pace (independant studies) and do projects within the commnity. Her self esteem soared and she was a different person. She went from never doing her homework, to getting good grades and doing the homework on her own without my having to nag her! Rona is an excellent teacher! I wish I would have been aware of this program sooner!

Posted April 28, 2010
The work this school does helps our community in so many ways. This school saves students and gived them motivation for their future. The New Leaf Collaberative is an amazing school and I am happy to have it.

Posted April 28, 2010
Environmental Studies Academy, This school is based on transformative learning, has a very flexible schedule and lesson plan. We help a lot in our community including teaching environmental consciousness to the local elementary school, and also we help restore our town and help our creek!

Posted December 11, 2008

Posted August 18, 2008
My daughter has Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy and was having a difficult time keeping up at the high school. Thanks to the wonderful, caring principal and teachers, she is excelling and will be able to graduate on time! This is a great program and I highly recommend it.

Briones (Alternative) School
614 F Street, Martinez, CA  94553
Last modified Briones (Alternative) School is a Public school that serves grades K-12
Briones (Alternative) School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top