Martinez, CA
Students enrolled: 1,298

Posted May 15, 2014
Alhambra is a great school. There isn't trouble unless you go looking for it. The lunch is horrible though, the pizza tastes like glue... However there many great teachers on campus (I'll admit a handful of not so great ones), and everyone is very welcoming. This is easily the best school in the area. Although sometimes teachers and ASB go overboard with school pride, there are many opportunities for leadership, sports (we aren't really a "sports" school) and there are clubs galore. It is a rather large school though, with upwards of 3,000 students, however if you need help, counselors are sure you will get it.

Posted June 24, 2013
Alhambra high school is a great school! My daughter just finished her sophomore year and is excelling in her classes and has always been able to get in AP classes and honor classes with no problems. School is beautiful & teachers are wonderful. Some more helpful than others but no school is perfect. CST are high and Alhambra high school has a great rating. I went to Alhambra myself in the late 80's when the school wasn't rated well. The school district has really but a lot of work into building Alhambra into the school it is! today !

Posted August 13, 2012
Alhambra High School is a great school. It has provided my daughter with many educational opportunities that were not available through LAUSD. She has been with the Alhambra school district since fourth grade when I transferred her over. She has improved dramatically since and has excelled in areas she was once backed-up in. Overall, it has been a pleasant and pleasing experience for her and for us as parents to see that she's come so far. I recommend Alhambra High to other parents.

Alhambra Senior High School

Posted October 08, 2009
I his alot to offfer to all its students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go Dogs!!!!!!!!

Posted October 08, 2009
Great atmosphere,loyal alumni, concerned staff.

Posted November 29, 2008
I love this school!!! I look forward to going, not only to see the close young population of Martinez, but also because my teachers turn the curriculum into something to look forward to! I couldn't imagine a school I'd rather go to.

Posted August 13, 2008
This school is one of the best schools in the area, and is located in a scenic area.

Posted May 21, 2008
I went to alhambra for 4 years, and it's a great school. People complain about how the classes are spread out, but after you first few months there you get the layout figured out pretty quickly, and you're able to get there with enough time, and if not then maybe you needed to cut down on visiting with your friends. As for the teachers, they're great, they do everything they can to help you, if you want it. And then there are some that don't care, but they're pretty few. It's a mixed school, with a wide diversity of students. Also it's a pretty quiet school, you still do have some problems from time to time, but not many. The test scores don't necessarily reflect the quality of education there, due to the fact that after a while as a student you get fed up with all the standardized testing.

Posted November 18, 2007
I am a parent of a Sophmore. I just want to say how wonderful the teachers are. My son is so motivated by them. They really try and help my son do his best. I can't say enough about them. The counselors work hard for your child.The office staff is wonderful too!Keep up the good work!

Posted December 08, 2006
Alhambra High School has had a bad rap for too many years. It is a beautiful school with a fantastic principal and caring staff. The curriculum is second to none and they continue to try and reach the diverse population at their specific levels and make them as successful as they possibly can.

Alhambra Senior High School
150 E Street, Martinez, CA  94553
Last modified Alhambra Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alhambra Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top