Bad
Good

I was horrified to learn that there isn't a single male teacher at Las Juntas. This is inexcusable, no explanation will suffice, and the school district should be ashamed that they ever allowed it. Sexism has a new face these days. The hypocrisy of it all...

I am a parent that has had my children in more than one Martinez Unified elementary school. This is our first year at LJ, we transeffered schools because my oldest wasn't having his needs meet at the other school. I have been so amazed at the attention to detail, and the above and beyond mesures taken by the staff, to make sure my children are as sucsessful as they can be in school and in life. The transition from one school to the other was seemless, and I am so thankful that I made the choice to find something that worked better for my kids. I can't thank the teachers, principal and aides enough for all their help!

Las Juntas is a wonderful school my daughter a first grader loves it. I have not experienced another school like this one, all the staff at LJ is very professional Mrs. Martinez is a fantastic teacher thank you Mrs. Martinez... In response to the concerned parent about this school having too many Hispanic students let me tell you that you are wrong and you should not be concerned about the learning of your children, I am a parent who has volunteered in my daughter's class and I can assure you that our children are being thought at a very high level; your children will be well prepared for this diverse country and will be able to work and learn about many different cultures. God bless...

Las Juntas is a wonderful school...very student oriented despite the increase in class sizes. My sons experience there was nothing but positive and helpful in reinforcing the values and standards laid out before him at home. The diversity of backgrounds among the students helps prepare them for the real world. I have never witnessed a single staff member dressed inappropriatley at any time and I have had the prevlidge of having all three of my children attend there at one time or another. While I am grateful to all of the faculty past and present, the para educator with the tatoo on her arm played a dramatic role in my son being who he is and that is a young man that I am very proud of.

The teachers are great. Mrs. Castaneda and Mrs. Zandanella have been wonderful to my children. I really appreciate everything that they do. Mr. Valez ( PE ) and Ms. Loomis ( Music ) are both pretty fantastic as well. I believe all of the teachers at this school are great but I do not know all of them yet. The school does feel a little over crowded this year because of the surge in enrollment but I have no doubt that my children's teachers are giving their all to help their students achieve the best education possible. Bottom line is that all the public schools in Martinez are good but success begins and ends at home. If a parent wants their child to grow up to be a respectful citizen and support themselves then it needs to be taught at home. A teacher can not teach a child values and respect - children learn that by WATCHING their PARENTS! Parents I urge you to watch what you do and say because your children are always watching and learning. If you follow the rules in society your children will as well. Thank you.

Dear Parent, I encourage you to set up a meeting with the school principal because some of what you have said is incorrect information regarding the school and some of your other concerns need to be addressed. Our school currently has 425 students which has increased from previous years. This is primarily due to many families requesting LJ and/or moving into the neighborhood. LJ actually has a waiting list currently as there are some students that want to go to our school that can't because we are full! The reason class sizes have increased have nothing to do with the school and are a direct result of the State reducing our budget. If you would like smaller class sizes, I encourage you to write our local legislator and speak about your concerns of funding in CA. Currently CA spends just under $5000 per pupil per year which puts us near the very bottom of funding when compared to all fifty states. Regarding English Learners, only two of our 425 students don't speak English. Being an English Learner is more complex than it sounds at first. Please contact us to chat about your thoughts. We are committed to all parents having a 100% confidence level in our fabulous school.

When my children first attended Las Juntas I was very happy with the school. As of now I am very sad about Las Juntas. The school used to be small and friendly. Now it is overcrowded and filled to the max. The teachers are stressed because of the class sizes. All schools in CA have increased their class size but Las Juntas has also added 100 + students. I don't know where they have come from. There is a different feel to the school. Over half of the population is hispanic and walking through the halls feels like walking through a different country with no one speaking English. This worries me because my children who are english speaking have to deal with english learners in their classroom. No matter what the teachers try to tell you it does make a difference! For every extra minute spent explaining a lesson to an english learner takes away from the english speaking students. A few of the teachers dress inappropriately in my opinion - like they are going to the beach or park for the day instead of teaching young minds. One of the para educators walks around with shoulders exposed and she is covered with tatoos. Very UNPROFFESSIONAL!

Great school!!! I have a daughter in kindergarten and she loves it. The principal on down to the assistants are great people, really involved. I strongly recommend this school. My daughter loves the staff. The principal help make possible the extended day program for the kindergarten classes and it has paid off in a major way. These kids are definitely ready for first grade. Two thumbs up for the staff!!

Las Juntas is a fantastic school. My daughter is in kindergarten and really enjoys the school. They made her transition to kindergarten very enjoyable and easy. There is such a sense of comraderie between the students, faculty, staff, and parents. Since the beginning of the year there have been several family events held at the school and we have attended all of them. The principal is very involved and the kids absolutely love him. I highly recommend this school!

Las Juntas is a terrific school. We truly put kids first, nurturing, teaching, challenging, and empowering the wonderful kids in our community. I am so proud to call this school my home!

Last modified Las Juntas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.