Martinez, CA

Posted March 24, 2015
I moved my daughter from Concord to Martinez at the end of her 5th grade year to get her into this school. I couldn't have asked for a better transition. She immediately made good friends and the kids that I know are very nice, well behaved and great students. My daughter loves her teachers and staff and doesn't have many complaints. Ive been very pleased with this school and the teachers. They are very helpful and respond promptly via email to concerns regarding assignments. The staff genuinely care about the students. I know I made the right decision to bring her to this district!

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter is a graduating senior at Alhambra HS, who also attended MJHS. We are very satisfied with the education she's received at both schools. The science program at MJHS is particularly outstanding and comprehensive, providing a solid base for students who desire to pursue future studies in science. Thanks to the substantial preparation both schools provided my daughter, I'm proud to say, she'll be majoring in Biology this coming Fall!!

Martinez Junior High School 3

Posted March 10, 2014
This is a very good school but there is alot of bullying and middle school children who are miss treating and we need to have add more extra after school programs and keep are kids from bullying and doing drugs maybe the grades would improve more then they all ready have but we need to tell them that this is unaccaptable and push thrm teacher need to be more involved

Posted August 06, 2012
MJHS is probably the best school i could put my kids into but the dress code is a bit over the top like the "no holes in pants " but other than the dress code good school.

Posted May 30, 2012
I am a student here at MJHS and I LOVE it. Though it might have a bad reputation, it's a fabulous school. At MJHS, there are some just FABULOUS teachers, not to mention the principal. She tells you how it is and runs an extremely organized and efficient school. MJHS offers both advanced and support classed in the subjects of Math and English Language Arts. It offers many extracurricular programs, such as basketball, wrestling, golf, track and field, Earth club, student government, and the annual school play and talent show. The campus is beautiful and well groomed, and, while it does have a computer lab and smart boards in every room, the school is not taken over by technology like many schools are these days. I think that it is the best and most well-funded school in the district. I love this school!

Martinez Junior High School 1

Posted February 01, 2011
On the surface the MUSD staff act like they have your childs best interest in mind, but after 5 years in Spec. Ed. my child still has not/ is not receiving any of the support, or modifications that they themselves say they will provide! When I did inquire about things, I was greeted with 'carbon copy' answers, followed by my child being treated harsher than before. Yeah, they sound like they're competent and innovative, but the truth is they are completely useless, if not harmful to your child's development. Never have I seen such lousy instructional performances-and I should know, I have been involved with Spec.Ed for over 25 years. Most of all I feel awful for placing my child into their care. Don't make the same mistake I did--find another place for your child! Somewhere that understands the importance of providing a positive learning environment. MUSD is NOT that place!

Posted April 21, 2010
It is a great school with staff that care about the kids!

Martinez Junior High School 1

Posted December 15, 2009
The couselors at this school are amazing and they generally care about the children. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the staff at this school; there seems to be a consensus that all is well in this school district but that is far from true. There is a reason why this school has had falling test scores for the last two years; our child was at this school, and needed special acomidations. The teachers like to play games with those acomodations and we had the same experience at John Muir el. ; so instead of playing more games with the system we are sending our child to private school. We should have done this years ago; Martinez is a great city just don't trust the schools to educate your child.

Posted September 17, 2009
MJHS is a caring, nuturing and safe learning environment where every student matters. Teachers and staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of all students, both socially and academically.

Posted September 16, 2009
The Principal, Ms. Helen Rossi, sets the tone of caring about each individual student's education which is echoed by the teachers and staff.

Martinez Junior High School
1600 Court Street, Martinez, CA  94553
Last modified Martinez Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martinez Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top