Posted August 18, 2014
We LOVE JME! The teachers and staff are wonderful and friendly. We had the best principal around the last two years. This year we are getting a new principal and I've been told she is very good too! The parents are very involved at this school and there are many wonderful activities. The music and P.E. program are awesome! As a parent I feel very confident with my children's education here at this school. Everyone is very close knit yet very welcoming to new families. The parents are not all uppity and hoiyty toiyty, just regular nice folk. I would highly recommend JME.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have an affinity toward John Muir Elementary school because it was the school I attended and I really loved my educators and principal. Putting aside my childhood experience and entering the school as a parent with specific expectations and unknown expectations, I am impressed with the teachers, community support and the principal. Our experienced Kindergarten teacher has mastered her teaching craft. She guides her 30 children through an entire learning experience by her consistency in keeping the children focused, organized, well mannered, creatively thinking, academically thinking, and good old fashion playing. Although the class size is large, I am pleasantly surprised that para-educators and family volunteers come in to help throughout the day and during specific learning periods. I have noticed many parents are enthusiastically involved with the school projects and fundraisers as well, which directly affects students positively. The principal is present, pleasant and easy to talk with. I was more excited than my Kindergartner to start school and I'm glad I wasn't let down. It's important for me to feel comfortable and I feel right at home with the school.

Posted October 11, 2012
John Muir Is a fantastic place to educate my 3 children. DUe to the reviews being from several years ago, I felt it important to add a more recent and correct account of JME. The teacher are top-notch, some of the best around. I feel comfortable with any of my daughters being placed in any classroom. We have an amazing new principal who is bringing new ideas and technology to the forefront. PE and music are covered by a dynamic pair of instructors. Although it is rated only a 6 out of 10, it is a misleading score in what is provided for our students. We moved recently and found a house in the same area mainly because we wanted our children to remain at JME.

Posted July 29, 2009
great school, caring, reourceful. My son loves the children and the teachers. Well structured and lots of parent involvement. We enjoy all the school activities and different things our child is influenced by.

John Muir Elementary School 2

Posted June 06, 2009
My son attended K thru 2nd grade in the past couple of years. The first couple of years were good. I was satisfied with his teachers. 2nd grade was a nightmare. He had two teachers covering his class. This created a lot of confusion and gaps in communication. He started having behavioral problems because he was so bored. I worked very hard to try to get him into a GATE program. This program was not available at this school. I asked if the teachers could give him something to do that would challange him more. They did not want to spend the extra time or energy to do this. I had several meetings with the principle. She was very flippant and talked over me the whole time. She also snapped at the receptionist several times while I was there. I felt sorry for the people who have to work with her.

John Muir Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2009

Posted April 05, 2009
Except for the funding shortage common to all public schools in California, this is a great school with a strong principal and mostly dedicated teachers.

Posted November 29, 2007

John Muir Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2007
I am very pleased with my family's overall experience with John Muir Elementary. We have an outstanding principal who exudes strength and competency in the leadership of our school. She is highly efficient in utilizing all resources available to our school and she has shown dedication to enhancing the quality of our children's education. John Muir Elementary has quality teachers who are dedicated to providing opportunities for your child to learn.

John Muir Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2007
Quality seems to be low all the way around. In some of the academic programs, many children do not benefit from the programs as they are unable to accomodate all levels and all children. Safety is not taken serious enough. Many of the teachers are excellent, but hope you don't get one of the bad ones or your child will suffer for it. Unwilling to change teachers if re-curring problems.

John Muir Elementary School
205 Vista Way, Martinez, CA  94553
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top