K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We are just finishing up our first year at St. Catherine and couldn't be any more pleased with our experience. The teachers are so dedicated, so driven and their passion shows in all that they do. The office staff work very hard at keeping things organized, and communicating with the families. We were made to feel very welcome to this small community from the very beginning. Our son has thrived in the Kindergarten class, and truly enjoys going to school. We never would have seen ourselves as a private school type of family, but can not imagine going any other route. We are so thankful that our children will receive a quality education at St. Catherines.

St. Catherine's has managed to provide a traditional Catholic school education in a compassionate environment. They strive to acknowledge all types of students which in todays changing world, says a lot about their desire and ability to stick to their mission above all else..."to nurture each child". I truly believe that my child will benefit later in life from the attention and friendships that only a small, faith filled school like St. Catherine's can offer. If your goal is to have your child continue on into Catholic high school...St. C's kids seem to move on to CHS and DLS very well prepared.

We couldn't be happier to have our son enrolled at Saint Catherine's. Over the past few years we have witnessed our child grow both socially and academically. He has been surrounded by a very supportive community of teachers, classmates, and parents. We have always enjoyed the small class sizes and the personal attention each child receives. The school is a safe environment for learning which helps us feel at ease during the day.

Excellent school! My daughter is in kindergarten and absolutely loves going to school everyday. The teachers are great in making learning fun while meeting a higher standard of education. I like the christian values and discipline that are being taught in the school. My daughter has learned so much since day one.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are talented and gifted. They are the best out there and highly educated. They teach for love nor money.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely. It is an excellent school for values which are taught in every class. As it is a religious school for example even the English classes are taught with ethical concepts in mind.

From fhe dedicated teacher to the engaged, enthusiastic staff you can't find a better, more inclusive and welcoming grade school in the Bay Area. With a Catholicism like Pope Francis, faith is built in to the life but in a way that welcomes all families. The school is small and my only regret is we didn't find it sooner. It is a wonderful alternatice to the ridiculously large public schools and the most dedicated and caring staff I have seen in area private schools.

I have a kindergartener there now and to say I am happy to have her there is an understatement. Miss Gillim is absolutely amazing. She's like having your kids mom with a teaching credential!!! My daughter is thriving. Reading, writing, doing math, the whole 9 yards. I ant wait until my other daughter is old enough to start,)

My shy child started kindergarten this year at St. Catherine of Siena and has blossomed into a confident, outgoing little lady. She loves her new school and teacher. Every morning she is excited to start her day and every evening I pick her up she is energetic, happy and has learned something new. The small classes and the friendly, capable staff gives me peace of mind that my daughter is receiving a quality education in a loving and nurturing environment despite my long work hours.

Excellent school! Fabulous, caring teachers and faculty, rigorous academics but always willing to help any child in need, you can feel the love each staff member has for these kids. Small class sizes. Best kept secret in Martinez and surrounding areas! Best decision I made for my kids!!

Last modified St. Catherine of Siena School is a Private school that serves grades K-8