Posted May 06, 2014
This is a great school! The small class sizes really help children get individual attention and help them to shine! A child is much more than just a number at our school. The principal and teacher's are caring and know each and every child in the whole school. The kid's all know one another too! The older student's often help the younger ones and they look after eachother. There is a strong commitment to sevice projects which teaches the children about community and how to help those in need. I am fortunate to have three children at STC. I have one in the preschool ( it is also amazing) and two in the grade school. I love that our Christian values at home are being taught at school as well. Try it - you will like it!

Posted December 10, 2013
We have 2 children here and couldn't be happier. Excellent teachers and staff. Strong community and parent involvement. Feels very much like a family at the school, which we love. My kids love their school and have grown so much since they began there.

Posted November 30, 2010
St. Catherine's is a great school with an exceptional, caring faculty who work tirelessly to challenge each and every student. The small school size allows all students to shine.

Posted January 06, 2010
We have two children at St Catherine's. And, they may love their school more than we do! The family values we were looking for are easily found and shared throughout the entire community. The smaller class sizes are definitely a plus. It gives of our kids (one that needs it) more personal attention and they are doing really well in this safe environment. And, we love the teachers and administration.

St. Catherine of Siena School 4

Posted January 06, 2010
We are now in our third year at St. Catherine's. We love this close knit community atmosphere, with small classes, providing strong academics, and spiritual growth. While there is always room for improvement, I cant' say enough about the great faculty, students and families at St. Catherine's. There is nowhere else I would rather have my child!

Posted October 23, 2008
Andrew von Haunalter is an exceptional principal. He is up todate on child development which takes all of the childrens needs into consideration when putting together a curriculum that is challenging but not overwhelming ( which is the m.o. with too many schools today). His leadership skills are apparent when you work with any area of the school be it the teachers, staff, and the children. I am so pleased I left the Lamorinda rat race and transferred my children to St. Catherine's. When I talk to my friends and what their children are dealing with I am thankful I decided to interview with Andrew.

Posted September 24, 2008
My children have attended St. Catherine's for the past two years and are very happy there. The teachers are excellent and caring. The small class sizes can't be beat

St. Catherine of Siena School 2

Posted April 02, 2008
My child attended St. Catherine's for 1 year. The Jr. High teachers were outstanding and dedicated. Materials & books used were old and not really updated. Problems arose socially with the other children in class. Class size aprox 20 with a revolving door. Some children have special needs socially with no professional help on site. To help with pre-teen /teenage problems and questions, you at least need a student services person or counselor. None exist here. If there is a clash with your classroom dinamics, there is no other class alternative. It's one class or you're out. For being a caring, god loving school, the principal needs to be reminded that no child should be left behind whatever the cost. God is suppose to love all and he should honor that & not his pocketbook.

St. Catherine of Siena School 1

Posted March 26, 2008
My child attended St. Catherine's for 8 yrs., from kindergarten through 7th grade. In Jr. High, the classes (except English) are below the public school standards, some by almost 2 yrs. (math). The textbooks are around 20 yrs. old; the history, math and science curriculums are taught almost on a remedial level. The principal (for last 3 yrs.) doesn't understand how to practice christian values. This is my child's 1st year in public school and he is enveloped by caring teachers and administrators, who understand more about chrisitian values and fairness, even though they're not allowed to teach it.

St. Catherine of Siena School 4

Posted May 15, 2007
I have been attending st. catherine school for six years, and am mostly satisfied with my experiance. Small class sizes are great for creating great friends and recieving personal teacher attention, but many of our text books were purshased before the jurassic period. Mr. Brusco, (6,7,8 language arts, 7th grade homeorrom and religion) is an astounding teacher and next year he will be the vice principal and nothing but good will come from his promotion. I'd say that the school is a great enviornment for young students and will prepare older students to excell, and they will have to opportinity to move onto great highschools such as Carondelet and De La Salle. Go Vikings!

St. Catherine of Siena School
604 Mellus Street, Martinez, CA  94553
Last modified St. Catherine of Siena School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Catherine of Siena School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.