Posted May 08, 2014
Mather Heights is an exemplary school with attentive teachers and faculty, reminiscent of the schools of my childhood. The parents are involved and it shows in the achievement and behavior of the students.

Posted January 02, 2014
WOW - Mather Heights is the best kept secret in Sacramento, though with recent news reports and teacher awards, people are finding out. The principal and teachers are excellent, and they genuinely care about the growth of every student on campus. My children enjoy going to school. The Academy has added a layer of rigor to an already strong academic program. The school is growing but has maintained a small-community atmosphere.

Posted September 04, 2013
This school has a caring and dedicated staff. It is a neighborhood school and also contains a gifted and talented magnet program for high achieving/GATE identified students. The PTA works really hard to offer fun family oriented activities. Our family really enjoys the movie nights. The principal knows the students by name and most of the parents as well. Mather Heights is a wonderful school and we are happy to be a part of it!

Mather Heights Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2013
I'd like for my child to attend this school but it really does seem like alot of teachers are kinda stuck on themselves and patting each other on the back. Are they in it for the kids or are they in it for some recognition and attention? I'm not doubting you guys are as great as you say that you are but why pitch yourselves as if you're advertising for this school when not everybody can get in? It reeks of desperation. Also anyone that brags about PTA screams goofy cliques that alot of parents are already struggling with and doesn't this school have a gifted program? Is it for all the school or do you also have non-gifted programs? Just getting an arrogant "look at me" vibe. Shouldn't it be more about being proud of the kids instead of look at the adults! My guess is the teachers are smart but instead of doing what they had initially wanted deprived themselves so they could teach children to be more like them but now they are yearning for attention and using children as pawns. This will not work out in the long run. Reflect and take a look at yourselves. Must say though, GREAT TEST GRADES...go kids and go teachers. The scores make other schools look bad.

Posted August 01, 2013
This school is wonderful. The Teachers are awesome including Teacher of the Year and even a candidate for the Presidential Award in Mathematics. The Academy program is outstanding offering lots of opportunities. The PTA is alive and well and doing incredible things. And there are some nice after school clubs as well.

Posted July 07, 2013
My son started in the Gateway Academy in third grade where he was consistantly challenged to think deeper not only his studies but life. His mother and I have consistantly taught him at home in this same manner, and now these concepts are further reinforced by a fantastic staff. By the way fantastic staff is meant to be in terms of the entire staff, truly; as he has a principal whom parents, I would postulate, can plainly see as one who loves our children as her own, as well as even custodial staff who care so much that they even welcome the kids on a daily basis to a new day's adventure. List of my favorite things about Mather Heights: I have "never" had the pleasure of such a hard working and fabulous P.T.A., who had movie nights, a Dr Seuss Fun Run, and cocoa breakfast with the kids, the teachers, the academy ideals, walking club for the kids everyday at 8AM to get the wiggles out, the projects that call for my wife and me to work alongside our son, and finally the absolute blessing in hearing my son tell me, "I love school", because that is a fine definition of a school accomplishing its mission to not merely teach but educate.

Posted May 02, 2013
My child's first year attending Mather Heights through the Academy and didn't know what to expect so was observing for both room for improvements and what the school were doing well. The teaching staff both Academy and Core are amazing! The support staff really shines here because of their passion for their classes and students. The teachers take time to address individual students that need additional help and try to come up with a solution that's positive. The staff invests their own time back into the students and families! The PTA is involved and plans a lot of school activities including Annual Harvest Festival, Dr. Seuss 5K, May Fiesta, plus other campus family friendly events. It makes the school a value to the community! Principal is open and passionate about the school, the staff, and most importantly the students! School has various after-school activities/clubs including Fall Semester Author's Club, Mad Science (throughout the year), Lego Engineering, Music. Outside of Class Learning: PC Pals throughout the year for 5th/6th grade core class. Ping Pong ball launches (shown on NBC News). Junior Achievement Crocker Art Musuem (on campus) Dr. Seuss Engineering Day

Mather Heights Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2013
Place needs to be cleaned up. Several times driving up to school to pick up my kid, I've seen teens making trouble at the nearby park, smoking near the basketball court which is right by the elementary school. I'm ready to send my child back to the private school instead.

Mather Heights Elementary School 4

Posted March 04, 2010
I have 2 students in this school. One of them heading to middle school soon. Mather is a good school. Even with budget cuts and teacher lay offs, remaining teachers give it their all. The principal is also hard working.

Posted January 21, 2010

Mather Heights Elementary School
4370 Mather School Road, Mather, CA  95655
Last modified Mather Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mather Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top