Bad
Good

Posted February 24, 2013
My names drew luong and I went to mather bacj in the eigth grade and that school really helped me out and matured the hell outa me. I am now in the united states marine corps and this school helped me by teaching me disclipine and integrity.

Posted May 13, 2009
Mather... what can I say. I guess horrified, embarrassed, ashamed.....these were some of the thoughts I had when my child was sent there, but within a few weeks we started to notice a difference in our child. I was shocked. It seemed that the good parts of his personality were shining through and the laziness, & disrespectful attitude were dissolving into nothing more than bad memories. I was so afraid he would be harmed with tough & maybe unfair treatment, but I didn't see a sign of abuse. I wish they had more of an educational system, but I guess then parents would be lined up to send their kids there. Thank You to the Sergeants out there, and keep up the work helping our kids learn to be productive people

Posted April 25, 2009
i went to mather youth academy. its a very successful school and it was a great opportunity. although i was forced there by force, it gave me much more knowledge than i had. i was one of the very few females there, but i feel i did well. i tried my best. the sergeants are amazing. i appreciate all they did for me. thank you.

Posted March 22, 2009
I find it unfortunate that someone would cast stones at those of us who work in such a harsh environment. I am one of the seargents who works at MYA, and I take pride in my job and all that I do there. I do not claim to be perfect, but I do not 'instegate conflicts' as this parent has stated. If you are truly interested in what we do at MYA, please come and see how we do the best we can with our students. You may also read the articles from the Sacramento Bee and the Grapevine newspapers, to get thier view of the school. Thank You.

Posted November 20, 2008
I personally went to MYA and if not for the sergeants there I would probably be on drugs, and homeless still. Its appalling that a parent would write such a review. I am going to naturally assume that there child must be one of those kids who liked to act a fool and think it was cute or funny. Unfortunately there are alot of kids at this school with parents who would like to think they know theyre chilfren. The staff at MYA do there best with what they have and have put alot of children back on track regardless of weather or not you here about it. And futher more, if you don't like the way they discipline your child, maybe you should have started disciplining them along time ago so they never had to end up at a school such as MYA.

Mather Youth Academy 1

Posted February 26, 2007
My views on MYA are negative, I found that the Sergeants have demonstrated that parent involvement is not what they want. They feel a need to control our kids by rude and necessary military scare tactics and are getting away with using rude and uncalled for remarks. They are instigators of conflict between not only kid to kid but kid to Sergeant. The students here are not all from broken homes but belive that those of us who dare to complain or look into allegation made against our kids are quickly dealt with, the sergeants will zero in on your child a cough out of place will lead to suspensions until you are both out of MYA. Are we alone or are others just afraid to speak? our children are not animals to be treated like dogs by these military rejects.

4420 Monhegan Way, Mather, CA  95655-3025