Meadow Vista, CA

Posted August 13, 2013
There are so many wonderful opportunities to connect with your child via nature in Meadow Vista, CA. Nature is so often used as a teaching tool at Sierra Hills Elementary School. This summer the clear skies offered a spectacular view of the meteorite showers and opportunities to continue to learn about the world around us. I cherish a night of sharing the splendor of the night skies with my granddaughter who will continue her education at Sierra Hills.

Sierra Hills Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
I have two grandkids that attended Sierra Hills for two years, the teachers are wonderful, parent participation is very high, and kids who attend love the school. This school deserves to win!

Posted August 24, 2009
One of my daughters attends Sierra Hills. Her first year was in Mrs.Abbott's 2nd grade class. There were only 20 students in her class and that enables the teacher to spend more individual time with each student. My other daughter attends a different school where the lunch menu is very diverse and the students are able to pick from a large variety of fresh foods. I do not like their lunch program whatsoever, but as far as the learning goes. Sierra Hills is great.

Sierra Hills Elementary School 0

Posted July 25, 2007
I have two children who attend this school and am very happy with the teachers and staff! The curriculum is very challenging and they have high expectations for their students. The teachers are fantasctic and I can't saay enogh about them. It would be nice to have some class programs/arts/plays to attend. A xmas or spring show! Extracurricular activites/programs could make the school over the top! We are very pleased with this wonderful school!

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter has Mrs. Erny in room 1. I think she is a wonderful teacher. The learning program is very focused and fast paced with both parent and teacher involvement every day. There are 18 students in the kindergarten class with 2 teachers and 2 parents at project times. Children go to the library every Friday and have a music guest also every Friday. There are 4 field trips scheduled for the year and there is an art docent. I'm very happy with Sierra Hills School and am very happy with the environment and teaching skills.

Sierra Hills Elementary School 3

Posted March 08, 2006
Nice clean school. My child loved going to this school. At the time my child went to school, I thought the school could have used more of the phonics approach to teach reading. There seemed to be a lot of busywork/homework in 1 and 2 grades. Lots of testing in 2 grade seemed to be common. Teachers were all really nice. I definitely thought there was not enough attention paid to the Arts. I enjoy when schools put on lots of class performances and there is almost none at this school. A music teacher with a music performance which is great! but I did not see any other kind of shows or group activities. Overall seems to focus on individual learning.

Posted October 21, 2005
This is the most amazing school. The parental and staff involvement is incredible. My daughter thrived in this environment and every decision made as perfect for her growth and achievement.

Sierra Hills Elementary School
16505 Placer Hills Road, Meadow Vista, CA  95722
Last modified Sierra Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top