Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 20, 2015
Ms. Davis is one of the most effective and dedicated administrators in the profession. She cares about students and is supportive of teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 20, 2015
Too many students with behavioral issues per teacher. The majority of the time is spend on classroom management because the students are not physically and mentally capable of focusing.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted September 20, 2015
There is very little determination to excel academically because there is too much classroom management issues. Too many ADHD and other special needs students in a classroom because there is no SDC program.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 20, 2015
There is bullying, harassment, and teasing among students, more than should be allowed. Administration tries its best to crack down, but there are just too many kids with bad upbringing and no supervision at home, which leads to anti-social and disrespectful behavior.

Posted September 20, 2015
Too many kids with behavior issues. The district does not have SDC which hurts the main stream students.

Posted November 26, 2014
A horrible school! From the moment my son transferred here it was hell. His teacher didn't care about my son or his education at all. The moment he came here, he stopped learning anything. All the staff here including, the principal, have an attitude problem.

Posted February 16, 2014
THE WORST SCHOOL!!! IT GAVE ME CHILLS JUST THINKING BACK ON THE MEMORIES CONNECTED WITH THIS SCHOOL.. don't know what else to say other than it being a NIGHTMARE!

Belle Haven Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2010
I went to Belle Haven from first to 8th grade and I absolutely love the relationships that I built there. I am twenty now and I still keep in touch with my classmates and some teachers. The teachers inspired me to go to college and change my community. I have finished now my second year of college with a gpa over a 3.0. The school is not the greatest, but ultimately it's the decision of the student of where they want to go in life and they have to figure out how to get there. My parents supported me but weren't involved with my school. This was the same story for many of my friends at Belle Haven and those of us who tried hard are now successful. One of my classmates went to Yale and another got a full ride to Santa Clara University.

Posted November 03, 2005
School did not help my children at all!

Posted August 19, 2005
My son attended Belle Haven for his 8th grade year and if he wasn't a gifted student and my involvement in his academic studies, I believe he would have fallen behind. The entire Ravenswood District needs an overhaul change in teachers, curriculum and violence.

415 Ivy Drive, Menlo Park, CA  94025-1338
Last modified Belle Haven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.