Merced, CA

Posted October 30, 2012
I love this school, it's one of the only reasons I want to stay where I live, so both of my kids can go here. I love all the staff and I go to the Parent Teacher Club meetings and it showed me how much the staff really cares for not only the children but all the families, siblings, and parents, and grandparents. They very caring to the needs of all the children and they do a great job of keeping all the kids safe and well taken care of. I love this school. My daughter loves her class, they really keep the kids busy and learning. She has learned so much!

Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2010
yes i have the same problem my son was draged of the playground by a teacher by the front of his shirt very unacetable they r to be protected by them not fell tretean by them my son has add and the school is not equipt to take this kind of challege i though it was no child left behind act but it fills like my child if falling threw the cracks i have been doing my part.taking him to doctors apt and etc. but it fills like they dont kno what to do on there part my child should be getting an edacation not sitting in the office or get sent home he's not learning anything by that

Posted January 22, 2009
I have been involved with Franklin Elem. for the last 5 years I have had 2 children go to Franklin and I have had only positive interactions with the staff and parents. My daughter was able to get accepted into Gate with the education that she received from the wonderful Franklin Teachers she has had over the last few years. My son on the other hand has had problems with behavior and I was so greatful that I was able to get the care and understanding from his teachers who were willing to work with him and genuinely want him to be successful. The quality of education and care is immeasurable and I am so thankful that I was able to have so many wonderful, inspirational educators to give my children their early education.

Posted April 21, 2008
I have two children attending Franklin this year. We absolutely love both of their teachers. They are learning and enjoying school. The main problem I have is with Franklin's yard duty staff and administration. Both of my children had more than one teacher due to a shortage at the start of the year. My daughter went through 4 teachers before getting her current one. This is completely unacceptable! I have also noticed that several times there has been no crossing guard out front after school. Today a little boy almost got hit by a bus because of this. The yard duty staff are also late opening the gates before and after school . We also have had problems with the yard duty at recess. My son was hit by another child and school protocol wasn't followed by the yard duty attendant. They need major work in this area.

Posted September 26, 2007
I think this school has a lot of potential, especially many of the teachers. They are wonderful with the children! My only regret is that the Principal needs a little more hands on with the problems that do face this school like asking for more funding and just plain managing this school. Teachers: keep up the good work!

Posted December 12, 2006
I have a daughter in first grade. She loves her class and her teacher. I am so impressed with Franklin School. The parents and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. Great school!

Posted April 14, 2006

Franklin Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2006
Awesome school. Very caring teachers.

Posted July 26, 2005
I am a parent for two kids that go to Franklin School. They both have had trouble with reading. Since they have been here along with me being on the ELAC board learning new things and ideas for the school, it has been both a great achievement and a reward. Now my children can't wait to go back to school in the next coming year. This school is one of my favorite. I have home trained my children after having them in a school in Tracy, CA. Now they have both the experts of the teachers and the love of their parents. I can always assure myself as well as the next parent that the children are in the best hands of Franklin School. I thank you greatly.

Posted May 24, 2005
Our family has a long history with franklin school. My husband and all of his siblings attended many years ago. My son is now finishing the fouth grade and in his second year at frankil. His third grade year(2003-2004)was absolutely wonderful. His teacher was attentive to the needs of the individual student and had wonderful communication with parents. This year, however, has been a nightmare. My son has absolutely fallen through the cracks. And it seems the more i request help, the more severe the critic on my son is from his teacher. After asking for any extra help, i was informed that my son was neither an esl student or failing enough to qualify for extra help. Utter desperation this year.

Franklin Elementary School
2936 Franklin Road, Merced, CA  95348
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top