Merced, CA

Posted January 01, 2013
McSwain has always been a great school. I am so happy to see the great reviews. I left in 1984 and left California in 1997. My son and daughter are both enrolled at Colorado State. Life flies by so fast. The teachers at that little school were so good to me. Cherish and let your children enjoy those precious years.

Mcswain Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2012
We moved here recently, and I really like this school and this area. The housing in this area is very cheap compared to equivalent housing just 15 minutes away in North Merced. You can get a very nice house for $300K that would cost $600 in Merced. The school community is tight, and the teachers are nice. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I have several friends whose kids are excluded from "clicks" in this school. Hopefully this doesn't happen to my child. Right now, I'm liking it. Even though I'm driving about 20 minutes to work.

Posted June 27, 2011
Wonderful, semi private, smaller school. Excellent principal who is so involved with students and families. Dedicated to academics and very family orientated school. Very happy.

Posted May 21, 2010
The staff is helpful, and always encouraging the children to do their best.

Posted May 20, 2010
I think McSwain School is the private/public school of the area. You get the best of both worlds. Everyone there works together well - the staff keeps this school going! Just about everyone goes above and beyond their job expectations. I am extremely bothered by the review who the vice principal has a lot to learn about professionalism! This school finally has a great administrator who does not become involved in all the local politics and does his job! Kudos to him! Keep up the good work!

Posted May 18, 2009
So far my girls love it. Only been there 2 months. We just moved and was a little worried moving from a big city school to a smaller country school. Mcswain has so many activities going on. Skate nights and family bbq coming up and girl scouts. My girls enjoy dance and karate so they do not do the school sports, but they do have alot to choose from. Also fun field trips and dance night for middle school kids. 8th graders just got back from visiting Washington . They were great at welcoming my kids. My kids actually enjoy school now!! Teachers are great. I recommend Mcswain to everyone.

Posted April 03, 2009
McSwain school is the best school in Merced County. Great staff, parent involvement and solid leadership. The staff goes above and beyond to support a variety of extra-curricular and community activities. Academics are supported with additional instruction. The school participates both in Gifted and Talented Education and additional support for those who need extra attention. The school is a community that cares for all children from the bus drivers/custodial staff to the superintendent. The school has an active parent club that offers Skate nights, Movie Nights and rewards assemblies. The school also has a Foundation that focuses on supplementing education with funds that are not available through the state. The school offers an amazing variety of programs because of the support. GREAT school!

Mcswain Elementary School 3

Posted July 23, 2008
I think overall the school and teachers are excellent. But the vice principal has a lot to learn about professionalism.

Posted October 23, 2007
I am a current student at Mcswain elementary/middle school and enjoy it very much. I am an 8th grader and I have been going to MES since kindergarden. The school offers GATE, band, leadership, SAS, girl scouts, boy scouts, 4-H, Jr.Nylc,CJSF, a laptop program, computer classes, ettiquitte, study hall, and a number of different sports to try out for. The teams are also seperated into 'A' and 'B' teams so most everyone can join. The teachers and curriculum are also some of the best. On the California state test, our school has the highest scores county-wide. We participate in many spelling bees, speech competitions, writing festivals and art programs. The sixth graders have an opprotunity to compete in the annual Anti-Tobacco Bowl as well. Mc Swain also has a wonderful scool councelor who helps out the children in need of help. McSwain has a great disiplanary program. I love it here.

Posted August 15, 2007
Excellent school! Great teachers and a safe environment conducive to learning.

922 Scott Road, Merced, CA  95341
Last modified Mcswain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcswain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top