Mill Valley, CA

Old Mill Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
Okay, I will admit we are a 'well to do' family - HOWEVER: this school is full of the MOST SNOTTY and EGOTISTICAL parents and kids I ever knew! We went to private school last year and the people (parents AND kids!) were so much more evolved spiritually, intellectually and emotionally then almost anyone we came into contact at OMS last year. The parents here encourage their kids (boys in particular) to be 'alpha' and to dominate and be competitive - give me a break! They are little kids. To see how terribly 7 year old boys can be to other 7 year old boys was sickening. I'm saving my pennies to send my son back to private school because of the way these parents are raising their sons. It really makes me feel sorry for the kids that their parents are such wankers.

Old Mill Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2011
Old Mill has some great teachers and some not-so-great ones. The good ones are clustered in the lower grades. It benefits from Kiddo's support tremendously with great music, art, PE, and Library teachers. Unfortunately, as the smallest school in the district, it has the largest class sizes (25 in K and 3, where they are capped at around 20 in the other schools). Also, it is going through a rough patch (2010-11) with a new principal who is not well liked by faculty, staff, or parents. This is a decent public school that serves the middle of the curve. If your child is either gifted or in need of extra help and services, this may be a bad fit.

Posted April 21, 2010
Sent my two daughters through Old Mill, and they loved it, as did my wife and I. Involved parents. Engaged teachers. Small facility near the redwoods and the public library, with personal and very supportive staff.

Posted October 05, 2009
Best public school with all the benefits of private. Kiddo rocks as an organized parent fund raiser providing amazing art, assembly, music programs.

Old Mill Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2009
It's a great school, Old Mill make me so proud and my daughter is so happy there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter Pim is in her 4th year at Old Mill School and she absolutely loves it. Class sizes are not too big. Teachers are consistently of high quality and very responsive to the needs of parents and students. It feels like a supportive community.

Posted September 16, 2009
We have awesome teachers, staff and kids and a fabulous parent community that constantly steps up to volunteer and donate.

Old Mill Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2009
the children have no discipline and are always picking on kids that are poorer then them.

Old Mill Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2008
Public school with a private school feel. Old Mill succeeds because the staff and teacher are wonderful, the parents are incredibly invovlved and the school sits nestled in a beautiful part of MV, which makes it feel good to be there.

Posted January 13, 2008
This is our second year at Old Mill, and coming from he east coast and the private school experience I can ,unequivocally, tell you the differences between the two are negligible. This school is outstanding! The quality of the education, teacher's commitment and stewardship from the principal are like no other.

Old Mill Elementary School
352 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley, CA  94941
Last modified Old Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top