Bad
Good

Posted July 10, 2016
I bought my home in 1993 in Mill Valley because I Heard that the Public schools in Mill Valley were fabulous. I am a single mother and have raised two beautiful daughters in this community. We chose Park school mainly because it was closest to our house however, I have to say that it was a phenomenal choice! I have nothing but fantastic things to say about the teachers and their devotion to the job! My children are both grown now and found their ways into their dream colleges. Bravo! Park Scool!!

Posted April 25, 2014
Amazing school, teachers love teaching and our new principal, Andrew Withers, is on the ball - super available and involved every day and in every activity, even after hours. This is our 3rd year at the school and my kids are thriving and love going to school... I love the great community we have with all the parents - lots of involvement to make it a great atmosphere for families too.

Posted June 27, 2011
I have kids going into 2nd and 4th grade. What a fabulous start to school this has been for my kids. Everyone, parents, teachers, support staff and the principal, Peg, are engaged, aware and open. Could not disagree more with the disgruntled post re our principal. She has been totally 'necessary' to my kids development. She is knowledgable and involved at every level..how many principals do you see interacting with the kids at lunchtime?...she is a rarity.

Posted March 11, 2011
My experience with the Principal at Park School is very different than the previous poster's. I find her to be very open to parent feedback and very willing to find solutions to any school related issues. She knows a lot about curriculum and instruction and it seems like the teachers are all on the same page even though there are some differences in style. I have noticed this consistency in the 4 years my kids have attended Park. This has helped them understand what is expected from year to year and has built on what theylearned. As a former teacher myself, I know it is difficult to create a shared philosophy among staff. When that happens, it is typically in large part because of the school leader. This is a fantastic place to be. The whole community, parents and staff are definitely all about what helps children learn best!

Park Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2011
I have 3 kids going to Park. Most of the teachers are good and dedicated. The principal is lousy and unnecessary. She has done nothing to improve the quality of education and life of kids. Among 5 MV schools they can share good 2 principals. It would save a lot of $$$. Education is OK. These kids are capable of learning more. The life is not going o spare them.

Posted May 04, 2010
Park School is a great elementary school--there is a sense of community here, where children's minds are nurtured and cultured, and opportunities for learning are supported by involved parents.

Posted April 19, 2010
I myself went to Park School in the early 70's and now my son attends. Today there is still great school spirit and tremendous pride. Our school is in need of upgrades due to it's age, we just had our 100 year anniversary. I volunteer in our school garden where we are teaching the importance of growing your own food, healthy nutrition, composting, life cycles of insects, to name a few. The garden needs a irrigation system to help cut down on water usage. This money could help our amazing school in many ways.

Posted April 16, 2010
A fine, well-balanced program that encourages both learning, creativity and fitness. Excellent faculty and parent participation. The kids obviously love it, and they thrive academically and socially.

Posted January 29, 2010
I've had four children go through this incredible school. The teachers are exemplary and students love going to school. This is in large part due to the extraordinary leadership of the Principal, Peg Katz. She is a true instructional leader who keeps the focus on teachers and children. Parents can be very demanding and she's able to navigate this quite well.

Posted October 04, 2009
Every teacher my children have had at Park has been extraordinary. My children are excelling academically and socially and love going to school each day.

360 East Blithedale Avenue, Mill Valley, CA  94941-2140
Last modified Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.