Mill Valley, CA

Marin Horizon School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
I agree with the person who posted previously. The education is not up to par compared to public schools in the area.

Marin Horizon School 1

Posted June 19, 2013
I BEG YOU not to attend this school. Our family was treated with the most disrespect by the heartless admin. The parents could also care less about others who are being disrespected and hurt, esp our kids. The education is not up to par, esp. compared to local Mill Valley public schools. 70% of families leave after Pre-K. Again, PLEASE don't go to this school. PLEASE!!!

Marin Horizon School 3

Posted January 30, 2013
Marin Horizon is a small school with small year groups. The social pool that is available to each child is extremely limited, especially for boys in the elementary school years. As with all schools the quality of teachers is varied some are excellent and some not so much. This becomes a problem when your child has a poor teacher for two years at a time. The strongest aspect of Marin Horizon School are the parents who are friendly and extremely hard working on behalf of the school.

Posted October 10, 2012
I am a student going to MHS and i love it more than anything. I can't believe someone would write these bad things about Marin Horizon because it is not true and very offensive. Every teacher in this school works here because they care, not because they want money. Teachers find a way to make lessons very interesting even in the challenging subjects. In all my years at MHS i have never seen a bullying problem and love all my teachers. If you would like an amazing school with wonderful teachers i would go to Marin Horizon School.

Posted September 22, 2012
i am a student going there now and i think it is a great diverse school with teachers who care. There has never been a bullying problem. I am personally offended by people lying on this site and saying bad things about the school which isn't even close to being true. I have bonded with almost every one of my teachers and i can tell they really care, unlike other teachers at some other schools I've seen. If you re looking for a true review trust me, as a student to tell you the truth. I really recommend this school. At least check it out.

Posted February 24, 2012
This school is wonderful. The student teacher ratio is low. The teachers really know my child. The teachers, staff and management are totally accessible. (The Head of School is having breakfast or lunch with every parent in the school.)My child is thriving. Each classroom (at her age group) has its own outdoor space and the kids move in and out freely. It is an environment in which I and my wife (a child psychologist) feel our child is completely safe ... everyone knows her. All the parents look out for each others' kids. Most of all I am impressed with the level of maturity of the older students and their comfort interacting with adults. All in all a wonderful place.

Marin Horizon School 4

Posted October 27, 2011
Great teachers and nice school grounds. Lots of extracurricular activities. My one critique is downside of the 3 age level primary classroom- there is limited number of kids in one age group and thus less opportunity for child to find someone to click with and more chance for cliques. My child had only 4 other kids the same gender. It's disappointing when they went from Toddler and had started to all form a group identity to dispersed into the 3 primary classrooms. The kids just naturally didn't seem to buddy up with those older or younger, so the pool to make friends within the class was limited. It was much better when we got to 1st grade in terms of that.

Posted May 19, 2011
I have had children at MHS for over 10 years and couldn't be happier with the education and experience. Over the last few years I have gained a tremendous appreciation for the benefits of project based learning. My children are so engaged and enthusiastic about learning, in large part due to the teaching methods and the talented and committed teachers. I often joke that in my next life, I would like to come back as a MHS student! Fortunately, my children are MHS students, and they will benefit from the love of learning that the school and its amazing teachers and innovative curriculum helps foster. They will also benefit from the caring and nurturing environment which helps us as parents teach them to be good citizens of the world.

Posted May 17, 2011
If you are looking for a school that is appropriately child-centered and has amazing teachers, then I encourage you to look at Marin Horizon. Unlike many schools, MHS actually lives up to its mission, which at its core challenges children to be self-reliant, lifelong learners and confident individuals who are caring and inspired to give back to their communities. Don't be fooled by the small campus: what's happening in the classrooms at MHS is truly amazing. I can't think of a better gift to give my children!

Posted May 17, 2011
I have three children currently attending MHS, and am amazed that each is having a unique experience based on their individual needs. From the primary 'prepared classrooms' that enable the children to follow their own natural curiosity to the amazing oral, written and visual presentations created in the fourth and fifth grade, each child is simultaneously challenged and nurtured. The results are magical. I am confident that the skills learned here will set my children up for success in high school, college and beyond.

Marin Horizon School