Millbrae, CA
Students enrolled: 1,325

Mills High School 1

Posted November 08, 2014
This school is just horrible, do NOT send your children here, send them to somewhere like CAP. Mills is just getting worse and worse, I would advise you to send your children to CAP.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 18, 2014
This school is fantastic. The students, teachers and administration are friendly, down to earth and committed. No snobs and no heavy partying. The balance of academics, the arts and sports is just right. The teachers and Principal are committed to making Mills an excellent place to learn and thrive. I've been involved with PTAs since my kids were in elementary school, and by far, the staff at Mills are the most approachable and receptive to parent/student input. The Principal takes the time to "know" the students and parents, and listens to complaints and most importantly, works with parents, students and staff to make Mills the best that it can be. If you are looking for a high school without all the drama, but with academic, artist and sports excellence and spirit. this is the place to go.

Posted August 17, 2014
My daughter is starting her Senior year at Mills. She has stuggled in school since Kindergarten. Dispite my best efforts she was never able to obtain an IEP from Millbrae elementary, but kudos to Mills for providing her with an IEP when she stuggled as a freshman. The faculty are very positive and flexible with alternate learners, and willing to work with the Special Education staff to ensure evaluations measure learning. The Principle is in touch with students and parents and comes across as very professional at school board meetings. Additional kudos to the Track and cross country coaching staffs for building strong individual and team work ethic and supporting growth in student athletes.

Mills High School 4

Posted June 25, 2014
Mills high school is a good school, great teachers, needs some updating on it's appearence, but other then than it's great, I would send my daughter here.

Posted January 09, 2014
This school is very academically centered. That can be a good and sometimes bad thing however I found that being motivated to be the best and have good grades to be a very positive thing. I noticed a comment about classes being too big, as a former student I never saw a class above 35. I don't know where they found 40... The teachers made sure to get to know everyone and always payed attention to everyone. I absolutely love this school and am glad to be a Mills Alumni. By the way, the theater is the best!

Mills High School 2

Posted October 30, 2013
There is definitely a race problem at mills. It is a lot harder for students that are not Asian social at this school. also they neglect their sports. the students are not encouraged to become well rounded and there is a lot of pressure on academics. In my opinion there is too much focus on academics and very little room left for the students to have fun. Although the principal is not bad and there are some really great teachers.

Mills High School 1

Posted June 23, 2013
I moved my daughter from this school after 9th grade. She did fine academically but the classes were not focused enough on learning. The class sizes were too large. There was not a class with less than 40 students. There was a non caring attitude from some of the teachers and a emphasis on teaching to the state testing.

Posted August 14, 2012
Principal has excellent rapport with students, faculty, staff, parents. Knows most students by name. A parent himself, he understands the pressures families and kids face. He is very frank about challenging the notions of success in our competitive culture. Most teachers are excellent, though like at any school there are a few duds. But many go the extra mile for their students, especially the extracurricular advisors. Mills has terrific extracurricular programs like Model UN, Mock Trial, Robotics, FHA-HERO, Quiz Kids. As an active volunteer, I have met some of the friendliest, nicest, well-mannered young people at Mills. Student and parent communities are VERY welcoming. My kids transferred in but quickly made friends. I was readily accepted by PTO (not at all clique-ish, like many parent groups). My kids and I have really enjoyed experiencing another facet of California's diversity. (Our middle school was about 50% Hispanic/Latino, Mills is majority Asian.) Many people say Mills is "too hard" or "too competitive." Not so. My kids came from a middle school that is in program improvement and excelled at Mills, which is a welcoming, challenging and nurturing environment.

Mills High School

Posted October 03, 2009
Mills is the best in the district in academics (; We rock in most sports. school spirit is off the charts! 2012 (;

Posted October 02, 2009
I feel I'm a part of everything they do, we're like family(=

Mills High School
400 Murchison Drive, Millbrae, CA  94030
Last modified Mills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mills High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top