K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The K, 2 and 7th teachers are great teachers. The rest are awful. Inpatient yellers that are totally burned out. They display an obvious disdain for the kids and the kids know it. Its really sad. The teachers act very entitled, like they are too good to teach your kids.

Amount of homework: no rating

This is a tricky question. For the most part, the homework level is not too bad. With the exception of 4th grade. The 4th grade teacher assigns approximately 2 + hours of homework each night. So you can forget about any extra curricular activities you may want your kid to participate in during 4th grade. There is simply no time.

I am giving this a neutral review until I can find out more info on something that has caused me concern.

Our son started kindergarten at St. Dunstan last year, and we love it! The community has been so welcoming and the teachers and staff are outstanding. We've been very impressed with the communication, curriculum, community and small class sizes. We highly recommend St. Dunstan to anyone who is looking.

Great school! I went here for 9 years and I was well prepared for high school. I was the student body president and am doing very well at a prestigious high school in san francisco. Your child can succeed through his/her motivation and will to learn. If they have that, then they will be set.

This school lacks everything you want for your child! The Principal has no leadership. Academics are way below standards of other school. The textbooks and workbooks are so out dated.

St. Dunstan's has really been a great choice for me. It's like a family, everyone knows everyone and the relationship between students and teachers are unlike any other. Teachers are always available for extra help, and the school and its staff take a great interest in helping you grow as a student. Academically it can be pretty challenging, but putting forth an effort is a sure way to insure you will get a lot out of your experiences. I feel totally prepared for High School and I thank St. Dunstan's for all the advises I've gotten from the counselors, and the education I've gotten from the teachers.

My son started in the 6th grade and just completed his first year. We couldn't be happier with the school.The environment is warm and inviting. Students are well mannered, a direct reflection of the school. I am very happy with the academics as that is our #1 priority. We were pleasantly surprised as to how quickly our son adjusted, made very good friends and met many parents. If a child is happy, he/she will learn. It's a small school and they do the best to allocate funds to meet all students' needs.A good education is certainly never free. While there is no school band, we supplement by instrument lessons outside of school. I look forward to 7th and 8th grade.My nephew was accepted at the two college prep schools he applied for.I have learned that students that leave St Dunstan are well prepared for High School and are usually placed in honors and advance Math, Science and English classes. One of the key reasons we moved our son is that the school provides advanced math for students that are ready for the challenge.The sports is low key and everyone is encourage to participate. These facts makes the school 5 star.

they haven't had a music program in 6 yrs. Sports program may not be there next year.

This is an AMAZING school.What a great community! I LOVE St. Dunstan School. I love the administration, the staff, the after school program, the intramural sports program, the PTA and the kids! Dr. Colville, the principal for the last 9 years, is a wonderful and great principal! He goes above and beyond every day dedicating his time to student needs. Many principals sit in their offices or spend their time at meetings offsite all day, but this principal is out on the playground keeping it safe at recess, resolving conflicts and encouraging solutions throughout the day, supporting teachers and parents. At many events he is always the first come who arrive and help setting up and left with the last crews. I have never encountered a principal more dedicated to his school and its students. He reacted to the tragedy at Sandy Hook in Newtown, CT proactively. Only 1 entrance to the school and visitors need to ring a bell, in order to get in, they installed a few security cameras, they have lock down policy, school staff have walkie talkie to communicate with each other in case something bad happen (hopefully they don t have to use them). I feel that my son is in a very safe environment.

Last modified St. Dunstan's Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8