Milpitas, CA

William Burnett Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2015
My son goes to this school and Richard Julian is the worst principal ever. My kid has speech problems and he hit someone, which hitting is wrong,, because some kid was taunting him. The only person that got in trouble was my child and the prinicpal told me it was unprovoked, but when I asked his teacher she told me it was provoked. the principal at this school is nothing, but a bully. I also complained about him. He did not get reprimanded or nothing. It was his first offense and he get both recesses taken away from a 6 year old. How fair was that.

Posted January 16, 2015
This is a fantastic school. Mr. Julian is hands down one of the best principals you could ever have. My daughter attended Burnett from second grade to fourth. We are relocating to southern California and will miss Burnett very much. If you have a child going to third grade you want Ms. Romano. She is an amazing teacher. Actually all the Burnett teachers are great, I'm just partial to her.

Posted August 01, 2014
This is very good school with very good kindergarten teachers. My girl will be going in first grade this year. I was happy with teachers and staff. They have very good computer lab . Looking forward to see how is first grade classes.

Posted June 09, 2014
I've had three children attend Burnett between 1999 and 2014. I have seen a lot of improvements in this time. Mr. Julian is a great principal. He really cares about all of the kids, greeting them by name and encouraging them to do well. The school is a leader in the use of technology in education. Most of the teachers I have dealt with are excellent - some real stand-outs are Mrs. Elizondo, Mrs. Romano, and the current 6th grade team, Mrs. Harlow, Mrs. Stallings, and Ms. Mandeville. The halls of the school are lined with the students' art and writing projects. There is an after-school instrumental music program, and Glee Club (thank you Mrs. Barberon!). After-school tutoring and homework club is also available. One of my children was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome while attending Burnett, and the 504 Plan team was very helpful in providing the accommodations my child needed in order to be successful.

William Burnett Elementary School 3

Posted February 04, 2011
The teachers at Burnett aren't very good. The Intermediate side's science teacher does not teach very well. Most students there aren't very good either, and most seem to not care about their studies, and intend to focus mostly on other more unimportant things.

Posted October 07, 2010
William Burnett is an excellent school. The principal, teachers and staff are dedicated to our students. I noticed parent involvement is stronger than it has been in the past. Since, Miss Waslif has become our principal our school's API scores have improved. Her commitment to our school has made it a better place to learn and grow.

Posted August 11, 2010
William Burnett Elementary is great school with a great principal and good staffs. Thanks for working hard on students.

Posted August 08, 2009
Teachers are very caring and knowledgeable. They foster students to think and learn creatively. Most importantly, students enjoy their learning environment. A great school!

Posted January 29, 2008
I enjoy having my son go to William Burnett Elementary the teachers are very flexible and great with kids.

Posted August 01, 2005
My children are 2nd generation Burnett students. Even after moving out of Burnett's area we applied to keep our girls there. The way that teachers and staff have always become part of our family's team is remarkable. In resovling problems with learning,and just making our girls feel like they are part of a second family at school is so comforting. The level of accessibilty we have as parents to communicate with whoever we need to at the school is wonderful. My husband and I are true fans of Burnett's educational, disciplinary, and school environment policies. I can honestly say that our kids are profiting from their elementary school years at Burnett. Sincerely, Lisa Santillan

400 Fanyon, Milpitas, CA  95035
Last modified William Burnett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Burnett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top