School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The staff and principal at Burnett Elementary School are innovative and caring individuals. The principal is involved in what happens in the classrooms where our teachers are collaborating to provide our students with high quality learning experiences with a focus on personalized learning. Last year our 1st grade teachers teamed together to provide our students with an intense learning project that was driven by the question, "what do we need for good health?" With teacher guidance, the students delved in to various questions related to good health such as, "what happens to our hearts if we eat too many fats and sweets?" and "why do we need sleep for our brains to work efficiently?" In the spring the students hosted a health fair where they showcased their work and taught visitors about the answers to these and many other questions they had posed throughout their studies. Our principal, Mr. Rich Julian, documented the event with his camera, one of those pictures was used in our Spring MUSD Staff Newsletter: http://pub.lucidpress.com/MUSDstaffnewsletter/
August 23, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

School admin has very sincere staffs who meet periodically to improve the school. I attended as public for their executive meeting to witness the same.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Recently my girl had Citizenship week and we were given a chance to view their class projects for the same. Students were taught about manner, good behavior, their responsibilities. Also students were grouped to different teams and were awarded mark for their project work to improve and encourage their team spirit

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Anderson, my kids class teacher has 19 years of experience. She is THE BEST kindergarten teacher I have ever met.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is well designed. Encourages kids reading habit. Homework concentrates both in English and math.

Very good school. Teachers are very sincere. School administration is taking lot of steps to take the school to next level. My girl goes to kindergarten. Every Friday we get a chance to see our kids school work. school is quite transparent. They learn a lot. Very much satisfied with this school.

Bad school. Teachers are not interested to teach. They teach minimum curriculum. This school teaches one grade level down as compared to Marshall Pomeroy. The same week , Marshall Pomeroy kids were learning to write 5 sentences and my kid's class was writing aplhabets in a bubble, not even on a 3 lined paper.

My son goes to this school and Richard Julian is the worst principal ever. My kid has speech problems and he hit someone, which hitting is wrong,, because some kid was taunting him. The only person that got in trouble was my child and the prinicpal told me it was unprovoked, but when I asked his teacher she told me it was provoked. the principal at this school is nothing, but a bully. I also complained about him. He did not get reprimanded or nothing. It was his first offense and he get both recesses taken away from a 6 year old. How fair was that.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Ineffective. They just want to collect a paycheck, which is not fair to the other kids

Amount of homework: Disagree

Let kids be kids. Whatever happened to kids being kids. There is just to much homework.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 23, 2015

Last modified William Burnett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.