Milpitas, CA

Thomas Russell Middle School 4

Posted March 22, 2015
This middle school has traditionally has some of the highest scores and achievement in Milpitas and typically above the high school. Demographics are similar to nearby Warm Springs area. Parents involved in their children's education and many come from cultures where education is highly valued. Multi-cultural student population reflective of SF Bay Area and particularly south bay. Most teachers are excellent and care about their students and are engaged in district initiatives as well as migration to new common core standards. This district is recognized by state as a model for using technology in learning environment and is showcased annually with an International conference on technology and education. Milpitas Unified School District continues to improve its scores and continues to manage challenges and changes with solid leadership. Milpitas is probably best kept secret in the south bay for safe, middle class, small sized city with a good school system that is steadily improving.

Posted October 07, 2014
My school is great and I like it very much.The teachers are cool and we got a great principal.

Posted February 10, 2014
This is a horrible school. It is overcrowded and it is poorly run. Much of this has to do with it being part of a school district with a low budget. The staff and vice principal are very unhelpful, although the new principal is good. The kids here are horrible. I'm pulling my daughter out of this school district and moving to another school district.

Posted October 06, 2013
My daughter is in 7th grade at this School. She had a health issue that needed special attention from the school staff. I sent an email to the principal explaining her problem and asking for special accommodation. I was surprised the principal immediately took an action: he answered right away letting me know the counselor would take care of the special request. I was amazed that counselor/staff/teachers involved worked together to give a solution, and at the same day I was called to the school and everything was accommodated. My daughter loves this school. She loves all her teachers. Everyone in this school is kind and welcome parents and students. Congratulations to everyone who work hard to make this school pleasant to everybody.

Posted March 20, 2012
Some teachers were mean, but over all, it's a really good school with fun activities and nice people, I enjoyed this school very much ^_^

Posted August 14, 2011
I really did not enjoy my two years of school here. The principal and vice principal have got to be the worst! As well as some of the teachers. One teacher I had always yelled at me and as well as other students for no reason! One of them did not even let me go to the bathroom due to the fact that he believed that I would not be able to learn anything if I went for a bathroom break.

Posted April 11, 2010
It think this school is terrible. I am looking forward to high school next year to get out of this one. The teachers are ok, but the principle and vice principle are terrible and unhelpful.

Posted November 04, 2009
i really like trms cuz its a great place to make new friends and such =P yea sure some kids get out of control sometimes but its cool (: great school even though they changed the team names XD 5* [:

Posted September 15, 2009
This school gets way too over competitive over the smallest things including competitions against other schools.On the contrary, most of the students know how to respect others during gatherings or competitions.

Posted December 26, 2008
All the teachers teach you with their heart put into it.

Thomas Russell Middle School
1500 Escuela Parkway, Milpitas, CA  95035
Last modified Thomas Russell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Russell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top