Posted September 19, 2014
This is the best school in Milpitas school district. My son attended the school for two years but I can feel the difference on his academic progress. The teachers and parents have full involvement and you can see the results. Highly recommend if you are living in Milpitas.

Posted March 28, 2014
This is best school I have known. They are very strict about bully, All teachers my kids had(have) are great. the current principle Mr. Frascone is full of energy, and good to kids and parents.

Posted March 04, 2014
My little Girl attends Mrs. Barber (Also known as Mrs. Hughes) class since grade 1. Now she is grade 2. We are very happy to have Mr. Barber as my daughter teacher for 2 years. Mr. Barber is a creative and charming teacher who can teach and lead little boys and girls to trigger their desire to learn. She is a great communicator with parents also. Every week, we receive her class letters to update class progression and news. It is also very lucky that grade 2 have many devoted parents who care about the education. Some of parents spend time to help grade home work or support some activities. Mrs. Barber classes are academic strong and also socially strong. We also are very happy to have Mr. Frascone as the principle of John Sinnott Elementary. He makes John Sinnott's teachers and administrators boost morale. School API just jump to 927 and become the highest elementary school API in Milpitas in 2013. Although I am not a fan of Golf or Football, I can feel his energy to want students to adopt healthy life style and have warm feeling in school.

John Sinnott Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My little girl attended Mrs. Hoeppner's class (kindergarten) last year and she loved it. Mrs. Hoeppner was strict, but was very attenative through one-on-one connection and hand-on experience with her students. She taught my daughter a lot of things among them are discipline and the importance of being on time at school. The only complain that I had is the drop off zone right in front of the school. The flow of traffic and the limited drop off zone does not allow efficient time for my kid to make it to class on time.

Posted August 22, 2013
We just started this school but from day 1, my 1st grader is all smiles. He has been to several school, most recently from a private school and never have I seen him this happy! He has never showed this much enthusiasm and joy! With high API, I knew it wouldn't be a disappointment but I'm very surprised how much he likes it. Only complaint is that his teacher doesn't update her website like other teachers do. I wish she was more technically savvy and use her site to communicate to parents.

Posted September 10, 2012
Best Elementary school in Milpitas. Great ! Teachers My daughter public speaking skills has been improved lot. She loves to go to school .

John Sinnott Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2012
While Sinnott's API score was a 9 last year, there's a new principal who reaches out to parents (Mr. Frascone) vs. last year's principal who was fairly apathetic, the office staff is seemingly overwhelmed at the start and end of school, but has plenty of time to chat it up when class is in session, taking their SWEET TIME to attend to parents coming into the office with questions/concerns/etc. They weren't even chatting about school related business, mind you. My child has been at Sinnott for almost three years now. For the most part, I think most of the teachers are great. I haven't had any problems with the teachers. A big downside that compounds traffic and irritation from obnoxious students and surrounds the younger ones at the elementary school w/ negative examples is the nearby Rancho Middle School. While this review is of Sinnott Elementary, the schools adjoin and are separated only by a driveway/parking lot. The students from Rancho go over to the elementary school after they get out of class and shout obscenities and partake in disrespectful behavior towards one another ON Sinnott School grounds and notifying the front office staff did nothing! We hope to move soon!

Posted March 12, 2012
What a great school. Everyone, from teachers to principal to parents, are fully involved in taking the kids and school to the next level. My 2 kids go here and they really enjoy the diversity and teaching style.

Posted January 12, 2012
This year my son is in Ms Shieu's fourth grade class and he loves it ! She is a really great teacher and makes learning fun for the kids.

Posted December 21, 2011
My daughter has been attending this school for the last 2 years. We are very happy with the quality of education here. The teachers are experienced, sincere, and highly professional. The student body is a diverse mix of all social, ethnic and economic groups.There are variety of other extra-curricular activities for students as well. The PTA is also very active and organize fun filled events throughout the year. Comparing my child to other children who attend expensive private schools (read Challenger, Stratford etc.), I really don't see much difference overall. We are very happy with this school.

John Sinnott Elementary School
2025 Yellowstone Avenue, Milpitas, CA  95035
Last modified John Sinnott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Sinnott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top