Milpitas, CA

Posted May 12, 2015
I so glad to see Zanker catching up with the times. There seems to be a shift from the tired traditional ways of teaching toward more innovation, technology and creativity. There still remains some teachers that need to retire but it is very exciting to see Zanker aligned with the community it serves. The Common Core seems very intimidating and difficult. I just hope my child's teachers can help me help him along the way.

Posted February 04, 2015
Ms Lee, the new principal, should get on-the-job training somewhere else. I don't quite understand how the district can send someone so unqualified to Zanker. What used to be a good school is not really bad. I cannot wait for the end of this school year to pull my kids out. Now, the old good teachers are either not motivated or planning to or already moved out. Did you guys meet any of the new teachers? Most of the new ones are rude probably thanks to the new culture of Ms Lee. Most of the good programs (setup by the good old principal) are now changed and gone. Principal is rude, culture is rude, new teachers looks like high school kids. So Sad.

Posted May 30, 2014
We were very excited about this school when we first moved here, as all indications pointed toward it being excellent. However, we have been sorely disappointed with the promised differentiation and the lack of academic challenge.

Posted April 29, 2014
Both my kids go to Zanker and they absolutely love it. I love Mrs Kim. She is funny, great teacher and challenges each student in their own way. Ms. Cohen is also very nice to students. I can not comment on the principal as a parent. I wish though there was more opportunity to participate as a parent in extra curricular activities. The school needs to invest in that. But overall I would give 4.5 starts to the experience.

Posted April 15, 2014
Zanker school is circling the drain... so sad they've brought over sub-par staff (principal, teachers) from Russell.

Posted March 31, 2014
Excellent teachers like Ms. Cohen and a great principal Ms. Lee. I don't understand the negative reviews.

Pearl Zanker Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
I miss Mrs. Doi!! I agree that I have to give the new principal a chance but dont like the changes. I do however love all the teachers Mrs Ballenger, Mrs, Spanegal and Mrs Cheung are all awesome. I havent had experience with the other teachers but am sure also have great teaching skills and ethics. 3 star because I would like to see more parent involvement and extra curricular activities ( I know sadly due to budget cuts) I also see many parents smoking while walking to school and that does not set good examples to other children. 3 star because I wish friday fun still existed :(

Posted October 03, 2013
The school was great before Miss doi retired. Everything was organized and it was about our children . The new principal is rude and wears inappropriate clothing she has no experience and no business at all working in this school. I wound'nt be supprise if parents are going to start pulling their kids out of this school and staff and teachers are going to quit cause of her. Mr. Superintendent if you care about our kids not just saving money and kissing someone's you know what, get rid of her and find someone more qualified to do the job. Be more understanding on what our school needs and don't be selfish. A lot of things was change, that's ok. Make sure our kids are happy. I wouldn't donate my time and money to this principal at all. Parents has the power to get her fired stick together call the district make a complaint or file a petition to get her out of our school. We where 9.5 ratings before, now 7.

Posted September 25, 2013
Can not agree more with the most recent negative reviews about Zanker elementary and the new principle . As a parent, I am also very disappointed this year with the new principle came to Zanker. Still hard to understand and get used to her style. Also feel she may not have enough experience for the young kids education and can not see her passion either on how to make Zanker better. Do miss the former principle Mrs. Doi and she really cared about the kids from her heart and has done an excellent job to keep good communication with parents as well.

Posted September 20, 2013
I am really concerned for Zanker School. The new principal is making the school a very bad environment. She is very immature, money hungry & heartless. Parents please do not donate money to the school so she can use it for herself. I know some parents are upset with the staff but the principal is making them do things they do not want to do. If parents care for their children you should complain to Milpitas school district. Remember is school staff isn't happy the children aren't happy .

Pearl Zanker Elementary School
1585 Fallen Leaf Drive, Milpitas, CA  95035
Last modified Pearl Zanker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pearl Zanker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top