Posted June 03, 2015
Our child is finishing her 2nd year at Carden Academy. We could not be more grateful for the focused teaching and love that takes place inside the dated physical facility. My child looks forward to going to school daily we have seen the academic growth and emotional confidence that this school has fostered. Teachers and staff members know each child by name. This year, the school started to fully utilize the park on campus for science to cement learning inside the classroom. We appreciate that tests and grades come home on a weekly basis so we know exactly which area we need to focus on at home with our child. We are especially impressed that the interdisciplinary approach is not rhetoric at this school. The PE coaches are fabulous and the program is well rounded. With the small class size (14 in our child's class), all academic work up to 3rd grade can be completed during school. This allowed us to specially supplement what our child needs or wants to do outside of school. We strongly feel that Carden Academy provides a strong academic and morale foundation for our child.

Posted May 20, 2015
We Love Carden Academy. I was searching for a school with small class sizes and a calm, organized traditional school setting because I knew that was the learning environment my daughter does best in and Carden is all of those. The teachers are kind and loving but firm. They teach character qualities and manners which is very important to me. All the teachers and staff know all the kids names. There are many opportunities to be involved as a parent with the school. Our particular class has play dates outside of school on a regular basis and there really is a sense of community. The facilities may be a little on the older side if compared to some of the other local private schools but everything else this school has to offer makes up for it.

Posted April 27, 2014
We are so excited about starting this school in the Fall. We have been to many events so far (2 Open Houses, Country Fair, 20 year birthday celebration of the school). Every time I attend an event it is VERY well organized. The staff is very friendly. The parents are welcoming. The school really cares about their students and it shows in the effort that is put forth by the students to achieve. My son will be going in to the 1st grade and I hope we will be able to continue through the 8th.

Carden Academy Mission Viejo 1

Posted August 31, 2013
One more problem with Carden...they do not give out any homework in the primary grades. Not that I want my child spending hours doing homework, but they do need to start out with a little so they can learn study skills. Once our child reached 4th grade and started getting homework, it was like shell shock because there was no prior experience to build on. Study skills, organization. and responsibility were lacking because it was completely new.

Posted February 05, 2013
I researched extensively before putting my two children in Carden. If you are looking for a private school that will not only challenge your child academically, but teach character, discipline, respect, strength and courage ....you will have found it at Carden. The teachers are loving and with an average class size of about 12-14, they actually KNOW your child. We pulled our 4th grader out of public school and my daughter came from Montessori. They LOVE school and actually look forward to going each day. Carden is a small school with a family atmosphere that truly cares. You will not be disappointed! My children have been there now for 1.5 years and I am so grateful to have found this school. It's a best-kept secret.

Posted October 12, 2012
We have had our children at Carden Academy for 13 yrs. We expect to be there for many more. There is not a better school in Orange Cnty for developing great students w/ strong character & honorable ethics! Students learn excellent study habits in core academics & the arts (& a plus for parents, NO homework for students until 6th grade when they can actually do their own)... Children are taught to find joy in learning. Students enjoy daily PE, music, & Spanish classes, w/ wkly art class. Older student enjoy advanced math & in-depth science with "hand-on" labs. The teachers are dedicated to providing a comfortable learning environment & truly love their students. They go out of their way in & out of school to support students. The administrators are extraordinary--they really care about students & families--in & out of school. Many staff members have attended my children's important events outside of school. A definite plus is the outdoor play area, Pioneer Park--students actually can play in the dirt in a truly natural setting if they desire. I am not an employee of the school, I am not related to any anyone there--I am a completely unbiased parent who adores this school!

Posted October 11, 2012
Carden Academy is a "one of a kind" school!!! Every teacher there is solely there due to the love of teaching, and it shows. Between the unsurpassed teaching method of Mae Carden combined with the new contemporary versions of Math & Science implemented, it is my opinion, this school is definitely the best in Orange County. With all that being said, I find the most valuable asset for my children in this school, has been the confirmation of honor, respect and core values being taught in a loving practical way. It becomes second nature for the children because it is learned thru example, and as a parent, it is nice for your children to witness other people striving for this besides just their parents. It has been a complete rounding experience from kindergarten all the way thru 8th grade. My 1st one so far to enter high school has been fully prepared. Thank you to ALL the staff @ Carden Academy

Posted January 18, 2012
Carden is a unique school and a true gem. Wonderful staff, caring teachers, and great families. They maintain high standards in an environment that is nurturing, wholesome, and orderly. A character development program based on Judeo Christian values and traditions permeates school life. The academics are excellent and well rounded. Language, Science, History, Math are complemented by Foreign Language, Music, Art, and outdoor learning in the school's 3-acre nature preserve, school garden, and small creek. The Director has a true love for children and a lot of integrity. My three chilfren are going here - a huge financial sacrifice for us but worth every penney.

Carden Academy Mission Viejo 3

Posted October 31, 2011
This school has very fancy terms for all the regular teaching method used every where else. Overall an OK school. The teachers gave sweats as incentives for my daughter, and DS video game time as rewards a few times. Not what we would do at home. The teachers are knowledgable and caring but not consistent with the teaching result. A lot of the amenities on campus can use an upgrade. -- ex-parent.

Posted September 08, 2011
Carden Academy provides a strong academic base in a nurturing and professional environment. I have four children that have attended Carden. My oldest is in public high school now and thriving in all advanced classes with all A's. Carden is structured, and they do stress self control. Laughing is of course permitted and encouraged, but out of control behavior is not. The school has addressed both the science and math curriculum recently. There is an advanced math track which will put children entering high school in Algebra II/Trig as freshman if so desired. The school stresses character development and is able to enforce good manners and citizenship.

Carden Academy Mission Viejo
24741 Chrisanta Drive, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Carden Academy Mission Viejo is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Carden Academy Mission Viejo Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top