K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My daughter is in third grade and this is our third year at Carden Academy. We LOVE this school! When we had to make a decision between Carden and public school, it was very clear to us that for about the same amount of money that we would spend on after school program at public school, we were getting SO much more in every aspect at Carden. It was really a no-brainer. Carden Academy not only offers superb education, but also puts emphases on building children's character, their confidence and self esteem, which I believe, are such important qualities. I know these qualities combined with great education will help my daughter make right decisions and not being influence by peer pressure when she goes out to the "big world". We also love all the experiences my daughter and we, as parents, get to have at Carden. It truly feels like a big family. We are looking forward to several more years at Carden.

My children have attended Carden Academy for many years. In fact, I have had 2 go all the way through, and 1 now in his last year. I have watched Carden Academy evolve into more of an updated school enabling the students to keep up with modern science and times, while still keeping its roots firmly planted. When I say roots, I mean the core basics which are definitely lacking in the public schools I have seen. When a child leaves Carden, they are able to read the toughest of classic literature, write eloquent essays and definitely think on their own. Solid morals and values are encouraged and are an every day part of their lives from the beginning, and they are shown with examples of wonderful teachers, who are positively there for the love of teaching! All subjects taught seem to intertwine with each other on different levels (ex. history lesson may carry over into an art project in art class). Carden has definitely been a rounding experience for my children, and one day I know they will thank their dad and I for the sacrifices we chose to allow them the privilege of attending Carden. Thank You to All Teachers and Staff! And thank you to Miss Mae Carden for being such a pioneer. We will miss you for certain..... From a Grateful Family not related or paid, just honored to attend.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Carden Academy places an incredible emphasis on character development. At all times, students are challenged to live a life of integrity. This school is SO refreshing!

I can't say enough about this incredible school. Whether by watching assemblies and programs, observing in the classrooms, or through the happy words from the mouths of my children, my husband I have witnessed the amazing experience that is Carden Academy. We find it is incredibly refreshing to have found a school that places such an importance on excellence in education--all the while, instilling a passion for learning. Everyday, our children are eager and excited to go to school. And why wouldn't they be? Each morning they are greeted by name and enter into a warm and nurturing classroom for a full day of learning. Carden Academy has been a lifeline for our children. Not only have they transitioned from their previous school, they have transitioned and are flourishing--and that is because of the amazing staff and community of Carden Academy!

We are just starting our fourth year at Carden Academy and our experience has been wonderful. Carden provides a very well rounded curriculum, while also focusing on building character, integrity and values. The small teacher/studio ratio is outstanding, providing the teachers the time to focus attention on each individual child in their classroom. The entire staff at Carden is kind, warm and encouraging. I absolutely love Carden and my children do too.

Very Good if you are looking for a school with small class sizes and an organized traditional school setting. They teach character qualities and manners which is very important to me. All the teachers and staff know all the kids names. There are many opportunities to be involved as a parent with the school. Our particular class has play dates outside of school on a regular basis and there really is a sense of community. The facilities may be a little on the older side if compared to some of the other local private schools but everything else this school has to offer makes up for it.

I wasn't able to trust the staff > :[ too fond of themselves gave all the extra money to the coaches as an advanced student they did not challenge me >:[ no respect to the students needs and thoughts :'[ lack of tech >:/ too small campus

Our child is finishing her 2nd year at Carden Academy. We could not be more grateful for the focused teaching and love that takes place inside the dated physical facility. My child looks forward to going to school daily we have seen the academic growth and emotional confidence that this school has fostered. Teachers and staff members know each child by name. This year, the school started to fully utilize the park on campus for science to cement learning inside the classroom. We appreciate that tests and grades come home on a weekly basis so we know exactly which area we need to focus on at home with our child. We are especially impressed that the interdisciplinary approach is not rhetoric at this school. The PE coaches are fabulous and the program is well rounded. With the small class size (14 in our child's class), all academic work up to 3rd grade can be completed during school. This allowed us to specially supplement what our child needs or wants to do outside of school. We strongly feel that Carden Academy provides a strong academic and morale foundation for our child.

We are so excited about starting this school in the Fall. We have been to many events so far (2 Open Houses, Country Fair, 20 year birthday celebration of the school). Every time I attend an event it is VERY well organized. The staff is very friendly. The parents are welcoming. The school really cares about their students and it shows in the effort that is put forth by the students to achieve. My son will be going in to the 1st grade and I hope we will be able to continue through the 8th.

One more problem with Carden...they do not give out any homework in the primary grades. Not that I want my child spending hours doing homework, but they do need to start out with a little so they can learn study skills. Once our child reached 4th grade and started getting homework, it was like shell shock because there was no prior experience to build on. Study skills, organization. and responsibility were lacking because it was completely new.

Last modified Carden Academy Mission Viejo is a Private school that serves grades K-8