Posted April 27, 2014
We are so excited about starting this school in the Fall. We have been to many events so far (2 Open Houses, Country Fair, 20 year birthday celebration of the school). Every time I attend an event it is VERY well organized. The staff is very friendly. The parents are welcoming. The school really cares about their students and it shows in the effort that is put forth by the students to achieve. My son will be going in to the 1st grade and I hope we will be able to continue through the 8th.

Carden Academy Of Basic Education 1

Posted August 31, 2013
One more problem with Carden...they do not give out any homework in the primary grades. Not that I want my child spending hours doing homework, but they do need to start out with a little so they can learn study skills. Once our child reached 4th grade and started getting homework, it was like shell shock because there was no prior experience to build on. Study skills, organization. and responsibility were lacking because it was completely new.

Posted February 05, 2013
I researched extensively before putting my two children in Carden. If you are looking for a private school that will not only challenge your child academically, but teach character, discipline, respect, strength and courage ....you will have found it at Carden. The teachers are loving and with an average class size of about 12-14, they actually KNOW your child. We pulled our 4th grader out of public school and my daughter came from Montessori. They LOVE school and actually look forward to going each day. Carden is a small school with a family atmosphere that truly cares. You will not be disappointed! My children have been there now for 1.5 years and I am so grateful to have found this school. It's a best-kept secret.

Posted October 12, 2012
We have had our children at Carden Academy for 13 yrs. We expect to be there for many more. There is not a better school in Orange Cnty for developing great students w/ strong character & honorable ethics! Students learn excellent study habits in core academics & the arts (& a plus for parents, NO homework for students until 6th grade when they can actually do their own)... Children are taught to find joy in learning. Students enjoy daily PE, music, & Spanish classes, w/ wkly art class. Older student enjoy advanced math & in-depth science with "hand-on" labs. The teachers are dedicated to providing a comfortable learning environment & truly love their students. They go out of their way in & out of school to support students. The administrators are extraordinary--they really care about students & families--in & out of school. Many staff members have attended my children's important events outside of school. A definite plus is the outdoor play area, Pioneer Park--students actually can play in the dirt in a truly natural setting if they desire. I am not an employee of the school, I am not related to any anyone there--I am a completely unbiased parent who adores this school!

Posted October 11, 2012
Carden Academy is a "one of a kind" school!!! Every teacher there is solely there due to the love of teaching, and it shows. Between the unsurpassed teaching method of Mae Carden combined with the new contemporary versions of Math & Science implemented, it is my opinion, this school is definitely the best in Orange County. With all that being said, I find the most valuable asset for my children in this school, has been the confirmation of honor, respect and core values being taught in a loving practical way. It becomes second nature for the children because it is learned thru example, and as a parent, it is nice for your children to witness other people striving for this besides just their parents. It has been a complete rounding experience from kindergarten all the way thru 8th grade. My 1st one so far to enter high school has been fully prepared. Thank you to ALL the staff @ Carden Academy

Posted January 18, 2012
Carden is a unique school and a true gem. Wonderful staff, caring teachers, and great families. They maintain high standards in an environment that is nurturing, wholesome, and orderly. A character development program based on Judeo Christian values and traditions permeates school life. The academics are excellent and well rounded. Language, Science, History, Math are complemented by Foreign Language, Music, Art, and outdoor learning in the school's 3-acre nature preserve, school garden, and small creek. The Director has a true love for children and a lot of integrity. My three chilfren are going here - a huge financial sacrifice for us but worth every penney.

Carden Academy Of Basic Education 3

Posted October 31, 2011
This school has very fancy terms for all the regular teaching method used every where else. Overall an OK school. The teachers gave sweats as incentives for my daughter, and DS video game time as rewards a few times. Not what we would do at home. The teachers are knowledgable and caring but not consistent with the teaching result. A lot of the amenities on campus can use an upgrade. -- ex-parent.

Posted September 08, 2011
Carden Academy provides a strong academic base in a nurturing and professional environment. I have four children that have attended Carden. My oldest is in public high school now and thriving in all advanced classes with all A's. Carden is structured, and they do stress self control. Laughing is of course permitted and encouraged, but out of control behavior is not. The school has addressed both the science and math curriculum recently. There is an advanced math track which will put children entering high school in Algebra II/Trig as freshman if so desired. The school stresses character development and is able to enforce good manners and citizenship.

Carden Academy Of Basic Education 0

Posted May 10, 2010
Its a school that not only provides the basic education but also preparing our kids to be future leaders with ethics and morality which is not seen in other schools.

Carden Academy Of Basic Education 0

Posted October 06, 2009
Carden is a unique small private school. Family atmosphere, good morals and values instilled, challenging academics. They teach order, self control and responsibililty. My kids say that nobody teases. Small classes and small school good for helping kids 'come out of their shell.' Teachers are loving, caring and positive. Teachers seem passionate about being at Carden and teaching. Highly recommend Carden in Mission Viejo.

Carden Academy Of Basic Education
24741 Chrisanta Drive, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Carden Academy Of Basic Education is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Carden Academy Of Basic Education Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top