Mission Viejo, CA

Posted May 25, 2013
My 11 Yr old daughter is high functioning autistic and attends Sonrisa School. She attended a a regular school and was main streamed from K to 4th grade. She was very unhappy there and had high anxiety about going to school everyday! To many children in the classroom and not enough help attention with her school work. Now she LOVES school and looks forward to going everyday!! The teachers are all so loving, caring, kind and patient. She gets the needed one on one attention she needs academically and is doing very well in that regards. Sending my daughter is the best thing I ever did!!

Posted January 29, 2012
Sonrisa School has been a blessing to my son, academically and socially, for the last 3 years. My son now looks forward to going to school and is enthusiastic about learning. He is in a class with four other students with one teacher and a teacher's aid. As a parent, Sonrisa provides a great way for me to meet other parents in similar situations, and learn from their experiences. All Sonrisa teachers are well-qualified with bachelor's or master's level of education in areas such as psychology, English, history and education. More importantly, they take care of my son as any good parent would. Mom of 2

Posted January 29, 2012
Sonrisa School has given my daughter hope for the future. My daughter struggled with learning and social skills until she came to Sonrisa School almost 4 years ago. Today she is a happy and well adjusted little girl. My daughter disliked reading and seldom picked up a book to read. But within months of enrolling at Sonrisa, she was not only reading out loud to me but also read quietly in her room. There aren't enough words to express my gratitude to the staff and the director of the school. Thank you for all you do for my child and my family. Grateful Mom

Posted January 29, 2012
Sonrisa School has been a huge benefit to my son! He has made great progress at this school, loves school now, and is even giving oral presentations! He is learning so much academically and socially. The teachers are all very well qualified and are quick to make changes to a student's program when necessary. The director and teachers are all kind and understanding to all the students. With a background in education I believe this is a perfect school for many students. I am so thankful daily that my son goes to school happy, comes home happy, and is learning! Thank you Sonrisa for meeting a huge need in our community.

Sonrisa School 1

Posted January 02, 2012
Sonrisa School academically and socially was an inappropriate placement for my son. After 1 year and 6 months he is now in a new and more typical academic environment where he was recently tested for progress and placement. His Math scores were found to have remained flat (and significantly behind,) and his Speech & Language scores remained seriously impacted. His Reading Comprehension had improved somewhat, but it also was found to be below grade level and his ability to infer and predict remains seriously impacted. Socially my son made no friends with whom he had outside-of-school social contact. He was placed in a classroom with a group of about 5 or 6 children for whom academic and social levels varied greatly. I do not believe that all the teachers have their California teaching credentials.

Sonrisa School 0

Posted January 20, 2009
In my role as an educator, as well as a parent, I knew exactly the environment that would be best for my teen-aged son diagnosed with autism. I had come out of a bad experience at the school district where I felt that their middle school program was attempting to warehouse my child, as well as his peers, in one end of the campus with virtually no interaction with typically developing peers. Sonrisa was a dream come true! The setting is intimate, the students are kind, and the teachers are both caring and qualified - what more could I ask for? Plus, Sonrisa will provide the continuity my son needs from middle school through high school!

Posted June 13, 2007
The love and caring for the children is ever present. In turn the children love to attend school 'their second home.' Learning skills improve because of the expert instruction, along with the absence of learning stress. Children gain social confidence right alongside the academic confidence. Highly recommended.

Sonrisa School