Bad
Good

One of the best schools in the Capistrano school district if you can I would have my child go here

4 stars not 5 because some of the teachers are a bit snippy and condescending to parents. I've gotten barked at for stepping on the grass (to try and move around large classes flooding the halls) and "walking the wrong way in the parking lot." I think teachers need to learn to have some respect for the parents and not speak to us like WE are children. Other than that, we love this school! My daughter is so proud to be a Bathgate Blazer and my younger two ask me multiple times a week if they can go to Bathgate yet. The PTA is a little poor in the communication department. I don't receive any emails from them or anything which I would expect as a member. But all in all, I am really pleased with how things are run and my happy kid is proof they are doing things right.

20 years of Bathgate means that they know what they are doing! Amazing staff, caring teachers that strive to make a difference, a very involved PTA that makes everything come together. This year in particular Bathgate has an amazing team - I have a Kindergartener and a Preschooler and they beg to go to school everyday!

Bathgate has amazing teachers and an incredible level of parent involvement. We have been there for 4 years and we love it!

We had two children attend Bathgate from 2005 - 2012 and we were very involved parents with our kid's school. We were so impressed with everything about it, as were the grandparents. The talents of the teachers uniquely presenting outside the box activities in the classroom, the additional programs the PTA supported for the kids, and the new technology the Foundation purchased for classrooms all added up to a wonderful community school that gave our children a terrific start! They LOVE school and their teachers - all of them. We were very fortunate. I've since returned to bring a sponsored curriculum program to this school along with others in the district - Bathgate will always be our beloved school! Be involved - it's better for everyone. Bullockus Family

This school is suffering from poor leadership, and it is showing a trickle down effect to the teachers. you have teachers that forget their place and cross the line in to your home, trying to tell you what to do, how to do it, don't send juice in their lunch (it's a sugary drink not knowing they had milk for breakfast or you bargained with them that they could have juice for lunch etc etc)... shouting at new unwitting parents from their classroom door who park in the wrong place as if they are also children. Asking (optional of course) for money for presents for the teacher from the class Mom. (not sure this is legal in CA but I know it's not where I come from) ..... I think the positive postings that followed the negative posting in Aug 2011 were prompted by leadership/teachers.... or are the feelings of the minority. Don't think because you are moving into a nice area you are getting a perfect "Blue Ribbon" school. There are still 30+ students to 1 teacher...... I have 2 children at this school and next year will be 3 so I am looking for alternatives.... I would not recommend this school.

I have two children attending Bathgate and we are completely happy with this school. Excellent teachers, involved parent community, wonderful PTA, academics are top-rate. The principal is fabulous - a strong, caring leader who has made numerous improvements since her arrival 2 1/2 years ago. We would not want to be anywhere else!

Can't say enough wonderful things about Bathgate Elementary! It's our fourth year at the school, and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are fantastic. There is a great sense of community between the parent particiation, the PTA, and the fabulous staff. Our principal has done an incredible job since she joined us in 2009. Her dedication to our school/students is insurmountable.

One of the best elementary schools around. Despite the tremendous budget cuts, this school continues to excel. Bathgate thrives because of their excellent teachers, staff, PTA, and superb leadership of a dedicated, warm and caring Principal.

Both of my kids are attending Bathgate right now. They have strong academic programs as well as a great PTA. My son started kindergarten barely reading words, and he could read magic tree house with little help before he even started 1st grade. My daughter also learned a lot in the pre-k class. More than what they learned at the private schools before.

Last modified Bathgate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.