Mission Viejo, CA

Posted August 22, 2013
Our kids have been going to Carl Hankey now for 4 years. We all love this school. It is a smaller neighborhood school with excellent teachers and everyone is very helpful and friendly. It feels like a family.. Would highly recommend this school. We also like that fact that it is K-8.

Posted September 12, 2012
This school is a small gem and perhaps the best kept secret in Orange County. In an era when programs are being cut, Carl Hankey can still offer music and language to its middle school students. The K-8 format keeps the environment wholesome and the teachers know every child. I can't say enough good things about this school.

Carl Hankey Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2012
This school is okay. But there aren't many choices. At all. There are about two elective choices. A language, and if possible, a musical class. But that's about it. There are many very good teachers, but mixed in there are some pretty bad ones too. The environment is very small, some grades only have 80 children. The principal, though is very energetic and can get some kids pretty excited about events. While the assistant principal is, well, not that great. Overall, academically this school is pretty decent, but if you really want to make a bunch of new friends, this really isn't the school for you. Trust me, I went here.

Posted March 12, 2011
Wonderful teachers that have met my GATE child's needs. My child gets to play the cello at school twice a week! An exceptional P.E teacher once a week. The Destination Imagination program is terrific (A team went to Globals last year). The only public elementary International Baccalaureate Candidate School in Orange County.

Posted January 06, 2011
This is a great school, when I moved I made sure I stayed in the area where this was still my child's home school. The principal is great, the teachers are great, the staff is great, the parents of the kids are great...you get the idea. The only thing I wish that they would add is healthier school lunches, but its the same food the whole district gets so it wouldn't change even if I changed schools. The principal really has done so good since he took over a couple years ago. The IB program seems to be really taking root and the more I research IB, the more I'm excited for my child to be apart of it from such an early age and being able to continue it through high school.

Carl Hankey Elementary School 4

Posted December 26, 2010
As a parent I think the new principal, Dr Wilbur, has been a great asset to Hankey since he works tirelessly to improve the school. He has iniatiated the new International Baccaulaurete program which will make Hankey stand out in the community and families will wish their children attended there since they will be getting a fantastic education. I do think that parents need to volunteer their time more and participate in the school so that it truly can be the best school.

Carl Hankey Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2010
This school is terrible! My daughter has changed her behavior recently and she has said it is due to the kids and teachers around her! The teachers cuss out to much, the students shout out very bad things and the teachers do absouilty nothing. This is the worst school ever! The Princapal puts on a fake smile, the vice princapal is very touchy and sicking, Please from whatever means neccesary do not sent your child to this school.

Carl Hankey Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2010
Beware of this principal. You will see him around campus, with a big smile on his face. But if you ever meet with him one-on-one to discuss any concerns, his smile vanishes, and he is very dismissive of any concerns and refuses to discuss them. What you see is not what you get. His only concern in the STAR test results. Several good teachers have been forced to leave due to disagreements with the leadership.

Posted June 05, 2010
The school is small but amazing. We have a wonderful principal that is involved with the students. I always see him around campus, not shut up in his office. The teachers are fabulous and My children have made outstanding friends!

Carl Hankey Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
Our teachers always give 110%. The programs really challenge my child. We love Hankey because they are our family!

Carl Hankey Elementary School
27252 Nubles Street, Mission Viejo, CA  92692
Last modified Carl Hankey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl Hankey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top