Mission Viejo, CA

Posted May 08, 2015
We really like Viejo. I have 2 kids attending and a third will start next year. We have loved all their teachers and are very excited they will be bilingual and biliterate when they graduate from 5th grade. It was a no-brainier for me to enroll them here. If they can go through elementary, middle, and high school and come out with a great education but ALSO be bilingual, why wouldnt everyone do it? Obviously their test scores are going to be lower because they take the same test as everyone else which is in English. Yet the immersion program doesn't teach reading/writing in English until 2nd grade. So it is not an accurate test for dual immersion students. It's a great program for any child who's parents would like them to learn English and Spanish while going to school. I highly recommend it!

Posted February 11, 2014
I'm extremely impress with this school, when I saw the test score low, it scared me a bit, but since this was one of the very few school that provided very good Pre-k program I decided try it out . I was driving from Lake forest to Viejo everyday. I noticed my child was always happy to come to school. I decided try kinder, My child now reads & write both English & Spanish with only half way through kinder. I feel safe leaving my child in school, as well as the staff try there best to provide as much programs as possible. Over all this is a great school. I love this school and have recommended to friends, Great Job Viejo Staff :)

Posted January 20, 2014
My daughter is currently at this school. The ratings are only low because this school recently converted over to a dual immersion program. This is a two way language academy with amazing teachers, program and administration. I am very happy that I placed my daughter in this program. Take a tour! you will be impressed!

Viejo Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2013
Overall this school was OK. My daughter went there for 5 months while we were transitioning to another area. The office staff were sweet, however my daughters teacher was so mean to her she critizied EVERYTHING my daughter did. I never had any problems out of my daughter at ANY school. Every teacher she has ever had said, she is a pleasure and one of the top students. Her teacher at Viejo told me that she thinks my daughter had a learning disability. Needless to say once she left Viejo I was once again hearing what a pleasure she was and how she is one of the top students.

Posted December 07, 2011
This is a great school with teachers and staff who are willing to go the extra mile to help their students achieve their best no matter what obstacles may be. I am glad my son goes to this school. Even though this school continues to fall below AYP in testing, if you look at the progress in test scores (the transiency rate, the Dual Language program which tests in English even when the child is learning in Spanish, etc.) you'll see that they are making great strides, year after year. Keep up the good work, Heroes!

Posted October 30, 2011
ODon't let the test scores fool you...this school is a hidden gem! One of the few schools offering an immersion program where the students are taught in Spanish with a goal of becoming bilingual and biliterate. My daughter started this year in Kindergarten. Her teacher is amazing....showing an interest in each child, observant and patient, you can tell he is pationate about what he does and really loves his job. After an extensive search for the "perfect" school for our daughter....including schools in Ladera and 2 other immersion programs, we are more than thrilled with our choice.

Posted May 01, 2003
My family has been at Viejo for 9 years. We love the small neighborhood family atmosphere. The administration is excellent-the 3 three principals I have dealt with have all been very professional, yet warm to my children. The teachers at Viejo that my children have had are excellent. My 5th grade son will graduate this year and is in the AAA/GATE program and student council. He enjoys the block music program at Viejo. He scores in the 95-99% on all CORE and STAR testing. My daughter has moved on to middle school and is very active in ASB and music.

Viejo Elementary School
26782 Via Grande, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Viejo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Viejo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top