Mission Viejo, CA

Posted September 26, 2014
Cordillera is an amazing school! Through all the changes and budget cuts our public schools have faced, cordillera has remained dedicated to its students 100%. The teachers are tuned in to what their students need and strive to meet those needs daily. Parents are always encouraged to be involved and there are many that are at the school in a daily basis working to make the school even better. We've been at cordillera for 6 years and I already hate to think of the day we'll have to move on. Cordillera makes everyone feel like part of the family & nothing helps children grow more than a happy healthy involved family!

Cordillera Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2014
I think the principal is terrible, she's not nice and won't respond to my emails, none of the dress code rules are followed so they shouldn't even have them that's why I give it a one

Posted March 10, 2012
My son attended Cordillera for K and 1st and loved it. The teachers were great and worked well with each other. Mrs. Snyder and Mrs. Bee are fantastic. The principal is wonderful and there is a lot of parental involvment. This is truely a wonderful school.

Posted January 19, 2011
I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers are incredibly dedicated, the principal is constantly interacting with the students and families, the art program is great and there are constantly parents in the classroom volunteering. My daughter is definitely challenged here academically. She has homework that she has to spend time on, but she learns enough in class to complete it.

Posted May 21, 2008
Now that a few of the veteran teachers have left I would rate the teaching staff as Top Notch. They students have Meet the Masters and a terrific music program. Aren't these the subjects that made us enjoy going to school? I have found the principal to be very approachable and reasonable. The office staff is fantastic. Keep up the good work Cougars!

Posted May 29, 2007
I could not be happier with this school. After coming from two local, private Christian schools the past two years, and dealing with inexperienced teachers and lack of appropriate oversight, we have found Cordillera to be a breath of fresh air. What a difference it made for my child being in a school where pedagogical excellence is revered ~ not politics and fundraising!

Cordillera Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
We have been at Cordillera for 2 years and have been very impressed with the teacher/parent involvement...all teachers are readily available for conferences and accessible through email or phone without issue. Parents are encouraged to participate in the learning through excellent communication between student and teacher. I have been very impressed with how the school runs effortlessly. Teachers find weak points in their classes and design motivational and structural changes to get the class going again. The only issue with the school is their lack of a parking resolution--parents frequently cause traffic jams by not following the parking/traffic flow rules.

Posted March 13, 2006
Cordillera provides a great school environment. The teachers are accessible and friendly, as is the principal. They offer programs in music and fine arts, as well as a full computer lab and library. The grounds are well-maintained and offer new play structures. Cordillera also involves the families...there are many family fun nights throughout the year, including a school carnival at the end of the year. We love Cordillera!

Cordillera Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2005
I have been very unimpressed w/ this school. The kindergarten classroom size is too large (31) and the teachers are more concerned with institutionalizing the students than teaching them and providing them with a positive environment.

Cordillera Elementary School
25952 Cordillera Drive, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Cordillera Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cordillera Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top