Mission Viejo, CA

Posted June 27, 2014
Del Cerro has been a wonderful school for my children This was our 8th year at Del Cerro. We have one more year before we have to say goodbye and I know it will be happy day but also sad. I believe that the a great school starts with a great principal and at Del Cerro thats what we have. His dedication to the childen and families is apparent , if there is any decision that needs to be made what best for the kids is the first question asked. Thanks for another great year! See you in the fall.....

Posted June 26, 2014
We have a wonderful and very visible principal. He is present at all school events and as a parent is very approachable . The office team is nice and helpful! So far all the teachers we have had through 3rd grade have been very supportive and kept my child loving to learn and wanting to go to school. There is strong parent involvement which is encouraged by the staff but most importantly the Del Cerro - PTA.

Del Cerro Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
It's a great school. The teachers are very helpful to understand your child's strengths , likes and weaknesses . My two children go there 3rd & 1st graders Thanks to the teachers there my two children have Blossomed so well... Thank you del cero dolphins..

Posted April 21, 2014
It a good and safe school with good educators.Principal is a dynamic leader and has a great personality. He has power of empowering the teachers, students and the parents. In times of crises he defended and saved the school from sniper by contacting the police enforcement immidiatly and sheltered all his students and teacher with great and cool leadership. School is doing great even with less funding and more students.He has supported the PTA to carryon and enable the funding.

Posted April 30, 2012
My daughter has attended Del Cerro for 2 years now and we have been very happy. The teachers are caring and concerned about the kids - even though they have to deal with increasing class sizes. The kids I've met from all grades are happy and well-rounded and the parents and PTA are great. We are moving out of state at the end of the year and my daughter is so sad to be leaving the school she loves.

Posted June 23, 2011
My two daughters just finished first and second grade at Del Cerro, and we love this school. The principal does a great job being visible and available to parents and participates in all the activities. The PTA at the school creates a lot of fun activities for families. The teaches I've encountered so far have been rigorous, direct, and caring. I think the teachers are doing a good job of dealing with devastating budget cuts and large class sizes, and communicating my children's homework needs and areas to work on to me as a parent. Having my children at Del Cerro has me feel like I'm part of a large, caring community in Mission Viejo.

Del Cerro Elementary School 3

Posted July 26, 2010
Staff is okay, but do not appear to encourage parent input (but encourage parent involvement). As a GATE school, some teachers need further training understanding Gifted children and their behaviors. They are behind in technology with many teachers still using overhead projectors and a couple computers in each classroom. Overall the school is okay.

Posted August 06, 2008
Del Cerro has been a great experience so far for me and my children. My third daughter is going to be starting kindergarten there in the fall and I am looking forward to it. The staff there is always helpful, teachers have been good to great, and my children are happy there!

Posted July 29, 2008

Del Cerro Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2008
Excellent school, excellent teachers, excellent parents, excellent students. My fifth-grade and third-grade children have both been at Del Cerro since kindergarten and have often told me they want to stay through 6th grade. The teachers have experience and, most important, encourage children to take responsibility for themselves. We purchased our home because of the great reputation of this school and have not regretted our decision.

Del Cerro Elementary School
24382 Regina Street, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Del Cerro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Cerro Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top