Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 19, 2015
The only one who is very effective is Mrs. Brown-Cornell. the rest are not even there half the year and who knows what if anything they do in there.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 18, 2015
are you kidding?????? What homework????? LOL, Lazy teachers cant even put any info on their website about either of my girls on the linda vista email progress report. It says she isn't even enrolled. TERRIBLE

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
They have taught NOTHING to my daughters, I have them in an after school program Kumon and that is where they learn, Both my girls do not like it there.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
It is extremely segregated, so no they dont have any respect for almost everyone at the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
NOPE, My daughter got choked aound the neck from 1 of those boys and I spoke to the principal McMasters and she pretty much blamed on my kid and said oh well.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
They all speak spanish, My girls don;t so they are not taught anything, I have them in Kumon and that is where they learn everything.

Linda Vista Elementary School 5

Posted June 20, 2013
My son just graduated from kindergarten this year, his teacher Mrs. Brown-Cornell is amazing she taught all the kids very wel. my son learned how to read. They learned a lot about science, Math, they also went on a field trip. The PTA at linda vista is great. All the parents are very nice TLC after school program is amazing my son never wanted me to pick him up early. Becky, Andrew and all the other tlc staff are amazing. Linda vista is a wonderful place to be at it's not packed like other schools it has that neighborhood feeling. All the teachers there are amazing and care a lot for the students. I do recomend this school.

Linda Vista Elementary School 5

Posted May 07, 2013
Linda Vista is a really good school they do work while having fun . I love good people there.

Linda Vista Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2011
Linda Vista is at best a substandard school. The teachers who truly care about the progression of their students are undermined by teachers who do not teach to basic standards. We felt out child was not being given the minimum necessary to succeed and promote academic confidence. When we spoke to the principal at length we were told that she was surprised by our concerns. Nothing changed. It's shameful that poor performing teachers are allowed to stay. The district needs to "clean house". Caring, excited to teach teachers are out there. Our kids deserve what other schools in the district already have.

Posted March 31, 2010
Sadly, I don t believe that Linda Vista is a good school let alone great. They have not passed state testing 3 of the last 4 years. For many reasons, I feel that the administration office is poorly run to the detriment of the students and teachers. The office lost all of my son s paperwork, including his birth certificate. Let s just say, a year and a half later I still worry about identity theft due to the unfound paperwork. I believe there are a few very dedicated parents, who work hard to improve the school, but most do not.

25222 Pericia Drive, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Linda Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.