Mission Viejo, CA

Posted February 10, 2014
We love this school! We were able to transfer into this school and it is the best thing to happen to our son. The new principal is wonderful, caring, supportive and REAL. The teacher they chose for our son is PERFECT. The classrooms are big and feel open, airy and yet colorful. Everyone is friendly and the PTA is extremely active. They actually have their own little TV station and everything. We love it so far!

Montevideo Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
The PTA does a great job and everyone involved in it is very dedicated to the cause. We all wish the best for our children and PTA does a great job of bringing us together with their afterschool activities. All teachers and staff are nice and do their best. I agree that some are more dedicated than others. I think they all are overworked and underpaid. I have to mention that behavioral issues start at home. It is a combined effort, but most loud and out of control kids are thought to be that way at home not at school. I do agree that some teachers are more passionate about kids than others. The principal is new so we do not know much about her. The only difference I see this year is that all of a sudden the schedules are messed up. NO HALLOWEEN? Antoher event was scheduled on that day??? Kids have to wear red on the school picture day? So, most student's pictures are going to be in red and as if they were in uniform?? ..Looks like everything is rushed this year. It is not organized and sounds like everything was put together last minute without much care or thought put in to it. Hope they get organized soon.

Posted August 15, 2013
Montevideo Elementary school is litterly the most best school in the world!!! I'm serious right now...we have the most nices teachers ever and students there are sooooo nice but the princible is amazing I am so happy to go to this school I wish it was a senior school to so I could go there we usually have a lot of things planned at our school like book fairs and raffles and that is supporting us students more than every we have new students come every year cause the parents think its a cheap and easy school I totally think my school deserves the money and I'm not just saying that I really really mean it it would help our school out a lot like. :More and newer computers :More playground supplies :More items for the teach kids and way me cool things so please please please with a cherry on top please donate our school money and we'll be happy way more than we already are!!

Montevideo Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2012
I did not find my child's 1st grade teacher to be effective. The classroom lacked management so the noise level was high causing a less then desirable learning environment. Add to this, this 'burnt out' teacher said very inappropriate things, one example: she discussed which students were being retained with the class. Now we are in 2nd grade, and I feel we will have the same experience--another mediocre teacher who should retire, lacking the ability to manage effectively and create an optimal learning environment. I appreciate the PTA and parent involvement here and I chose this school because I had heard great things about it, but with the teachers, it's really 'hit or miss'. They do have great teachers here, so I've heard, but I have yet to exeperience them first hand. My bad luck.

Posted November 07, 2010
I love the parent & PTA direct involvement. The programs really enrich the students creativity. The school has a wonderful Autism specific program on site & they are my HEROS. Students take great ownership of the school & participate in enriching other kids lives like PEER Buddies (These kids ROCK). Montevideo is simply AMAZING

Montevideo Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers, staff, PTA and parents truly have the best interests of the students in mind and heart. They all work together to keep the school running smoothly and all students needs met.

Posted February 23, 2010
This is our third year here and I am so pleased. The community of parents are genuinely invested in the school's programs, and the new principal, who has now on his second year, is approachable and very dedicated. Being a teacher myself, I am so pleased with Montevideo's small school feel. The students matter and can feel safe and confident in their surroundings. I feel blessed to have found such a nice school!

Montevideo Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2010
Two of my children have attended Montevideo, in all I've been a part of this school for the last 8 years. I am grateful for the wonderful teachers that dedicate their time and much more to ensure that our children receive a top quality education. Certainly I believe that in the case of our Principal, there could be some improvement to his approachability and receptiveness to ensure that children are in a safe environment that promotes learning based on individual needs. The teachers, parents and children make the school the best that it can be! Our community is lucky to have such a great school in Mission Viejo!

Montevideo Elementary School 3

Posted November 29, 2009
The principal may be visible around the school, but that doesn't mean he's doing his job well. The teachers are afraid to approach him with any concerns, scheduling a meeting with him is nearly impossible due to the unfriendly and unhelpful front desk staff, and he smirks at parents! My children are receiving a decent education, but I don't feel there is anything particularly outstanding about this school, other than the amount of parent involvement.

Posted March 31, 2009
Since there hasn't been a review in a while, I thought I should write one. We have a new principal this year and he is fabulous! He's visible around school all day every day and knows the children by name. He has made this year at Montevideo even better than the previous three. I have a 1st and 3rd grader and they love school! It is a welcoming environment and the school is enhanced by a strong and committed PTA and parent volunteer base. My children feel safe and loved at school and look forward to going! I couldn't be happier!

Montevideo Elementary School
24071 Carrillo Drive, Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Last modified Montevideo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montevideo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top