Public charter
Modesto, CA

Posted December 17, 2012
I absolutely love this school and their academics. My oldest started in 5th grade and now goes to Vangaurd Prep Academy. My youngest started in Kinder and is now in 5th. My oldest struggled in school his 1st 4th years, and now after switching is excelling. Their expectations are high and their test scores reflect it. I would recommend this school to anyone! That being said, I am familiar with a lot of local schools, as I am a substitute teacher. Aspire and its way of teaching sets it aside and puts it above the rest. For any parent who dreams already of their child going to college, then Aspire is the way to go. Their motto: College For CERTAIN!

Posted May 09, 2011
We are finishing our 5th year at Summit. My son is 4th grade and my daughter is in 1st grade. I really like the structure of the curriculum. The open door policy, really is open door. The C.A.R.E.S progream is great. I'm really happy with the progress my children have made. I like that the lessons are tailored to each student. I like that, as a parent , I can be on campus. I am able to vent frustrations and get answers. I appreciate all the staff looking out for my kids. I'm very blessed to be able to have my kids attend a school where they are able to speak of GOD. It is truly a blessing. Thank you Summit for providing an exceptional place for my kids to learn.

Posted March 10, 2011
My son attends Summit currently; we are only 2 months away from completing his first year here. We switched from John Muir Elementary, where he attended kindergarten. The difference in schools is amazing! My son is a very active and strong-willed boy with special needs and the staff have all been amazingly involved, positive, and encouraging. They really have gone above and beyond to make my son's school experience awesome! His last school wouldn't even let me know on a daily basis how he behaved but at Summit they really have put in a lot of time and effort. Mele Benz is a spectacular principal. She and my son have spent quite a lot of time together and she is very patient with him; we have seen a LOT of improvement this year, and her focus is very positive--"How can we make better choices?" Attending here is not the anonymous experience I had as a child-- everyone, from the cafeteria to the library, encourages and cheers my son's successes on a daily basis. I can stop in at any time to volunteer in the classroom, without having to schedule, and I "attend" school with my son twice a week to help him out. I highly recommend this school and all of the amazing staff!

Posted August 30, 2010
I am a parent of two students at Summit Charter Academy. The teachers are FABULOUS! I am very pleased with the way the school adminstration is run. Not only is this school a great place to learn but it is also a FUN place to be. I love the ways the school teaches students to use C.A.R.E.S. (cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy and self-control). We are very proud to be a part of the SUMMIT FAMILY!

Posted June 29, 2010
This was my daughters first yeat at Summit. It was hard to bring her because we loved her old school, yet I knew there is more offer here at Summit. I was amazed to see 18/20students scored above 90% in the mathe benchmark. I have never heard or seen this in any other school. I strongly recommend it to all parents who are looking for a great school.

Posted November 22, 2009
I am a parent of a K and a 3rd grader. This is my childrens first year attending summit and we are very happy that we have made the change. My children have improved just within these first months of the school year. We are happy with summit and the dedicated teachers that work very hard to help the children in becoming successful. Keep it up Summit Teachers.

Aspire Summit Charter Academy 3

Posted July 25, 2009
I am a student who started out going to Summit Charter Academy in the 6th grade. It was a very hard transition from going to a regular school to a charter school. The learning was very different. Math was called 'CPM' and I had a real hard time with it. There was a lot of projects to do like Ropes and Exhibition. I felt like the projects were unnecessary. They were all about presenting them in front of judges, and that made a lot of kids uncomfortable and freak out. I wish I could make my own decisions towards my education, because Summit would not be one of them.

Aspire Summit Charter Academy 2

Posted December 23, 2008

Posted November 13, 2008

Posted May 23, 2008

Aspire Summit Charter Academy
2036 East Hatch Road, Modesto, CA  95351
Last modified Aspire Summit Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire Summit Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top