Freedom Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
There are some really great teachers at Freedom. My student however has been bullied his entire time there. We pulled our student out of this school because the Principal refuses to address these concerns. Its easier for them to put it off on my student and being different and brushing my student aside and letting my student get farther and farther behind. The principal is more of a politician then a responsible authority figure for Freedom. She is more concerned with her schools appearance then the struggling students she has. The community is very cliquey, this also rolls over into the school which is unfortunate because if you don't fit in they will try and run you off or ignore you altogether. Its really a shame because the school is nice and the neighborhood is as well, but if you're on the outside have a nice try at getting in.

Freedom Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2013
Great school and teachers. Involved parents see their kids progress and are given the opportunity to participate in their education. Some concern about talks of discontinuing AR reading programs.

Freedom Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2010
Great teachers!!! Having 3 children transition from private school to public was made easy by the teachers. Teachers are well educated and organized. They care about the student as a whole and not just the academic part. I am very pleased with this school.

Freedom Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2010
Freedom is a great school to be a bully in. Bullies can get away with most anything here. I was helping in my sons first grade class when his bully asked me how old my son was, I told him that he was 5 and the bully laughed and said "I'm 7 so I'm going to kick your son's a@#"!!! This bully beat up the kids ( including girls) everyday and swore all day long and the only punishment he ever got was going up to the office. In first grade the teacher was very mean and yelled at the kids all the time. She also yelled at the parents and grabbed my moms arm when she was helping in the class one day. I'm so happy that my son is at a great school now where he is happy and treated with respect.

Freedom Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2010
Kindergarten and 1st grade for both my kids allowed them to succeed and move on. Parents who get involve at school inspires your child to do better. Get involved whether at school or at home, you won't get that chance again at that level and make a big difference in their growing little minds.

Posted May 25, 2010
I have one child who's attended Freedom from 1st to 5th grade. I have watched things deteriorate over that time. I would no longer choose this neighborhood or this school (although I was happy with those choices for most of the last five years). 1)The level of discipline on the playground has deteriorated, possibly a function of fewer yard duty personnel and an increase in rowdy kids. 2) There are more children with worse behavior, in and out of the classroom. Most classroom time in the fifth grade seems to be occupied with maintaining some semblance of order, and children who have been multiply suspended are still there to harass and disrupt. Good: some great teachers, a very accessible principal (although not the same one who won Distinguished status for the school), amazing PTA and parent involvement, great music program, a school nurse and a school psychologist.

Freedom Elementary School 0

Posted May 08, 2010
I have a son who attends Freedom, I could not be any happier that he attends this school. I have only experienced very organized and caring teachers. The principal is very concerned and makes sure that the parents are constantly informed of the events occuring at the school (i.e. pre-recorded messages). Reading other reviews, it is not neccessarily the fault of the school that children use foul language. I am there everyday to pick up my son and three other children and I dont see any problems with fighting or bullying! I also volunteer and the children in all grades are very respectfull and follow directions very well. I do wish that there would be more parents volunteering thier time and coming on to the school grounds to really see what occurs!

Freedom Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2009
I have two children that attend Freedom, and they have been bullied. There is also a lot of inappropriate language and behavior. The students just are not held accountable; the disciplining is very poor. Some teachers just ignore bad behavior and let the students continue making poor choices.

Posted October 07, 2008

Posted July 03, 2007
my grandson attended freedom.We also had trouble with bullies [children and staff].there are some great teachers ,but many of the schools policies stink.luckily some of the staff will be different next year.

Freedom Elementary School
2101 Fine Avenue, Modesto, CA  95355
Last modified Freedom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top