9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers do not spoon feed the kids the information which is a great help to prepare them for their next step to college.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My son often struggles for hours to get his homework done. Simply on the volume of what is given.

Develops character: Agree

There are many tools in place to keep the students honest. From the use of Turnitin.com, to disciplinary actions taken for even the slightest infractions of lying, cheating, or plagiarism. The students are held to higher standards as an example of Christ.

I had to post something, as I see students and parents bashing a school that they may not have had a positive experience at. My question to them would be, what did you do to address your issues? Did you talk with the admin? Did you talk with the other parents? I know, firsthand, how much this school has changed over the years. If you haven't looked at the school recently, you should. Almost all of the instructors are certified. Many even hold advanced degrees. The athletics are exceptional, as well as the fine arts programs. There are also opportunities for the students to work on robotics and even possibly work on a project that is being sent to the International Space Station. The school is transitioning into a stronger academic program as well with many opportunities for AP level classes. So please, don't just listen to the nay sayers that were here and posted years ago. Much of the staff and admin. have been improved and the student environment is great. Come and See MC!!!

I was a student at MCH for two years. The academics were not at all challenging, and many of the teachers were not certified. In addition, both the students and teachers had poor, narrow-minded, racist attitudes which made the social environment stifling. I was happy to transfer to a public high school which welcomed diversity and promoted higher academic excellence.

I am a parent of a MC student. She started high school at a public school yet we transferred her to MC during her freshman year. Attending MC provided my daughter with more positive role models and caring faculty then we could have dreamed for at a public school. I am convinced that MC is the reason that my daughter is graduating high school with excellent grades and has several options for college. I also want to mention, while MC has great sports programs, my daughter never participated in sports and we never felt this had a negative impact on her education or support from MC faculty.

I would not choose this school for your child who is not only academic but a strong Christian. The school only caters to those who are going to excel in sports, which my son didn't , also it promotes Christian values, but students around him would still cuss and even with campus supervisors around. I pulled my son out of this school midway, as I could see him being very unhappy. He has since gone to another school for 2 years and graduated top of his class, and this was a public school! Go Beyer!!!

Last modified Modesto Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12