James C. Enochs High School 2

Posted April 11, 2014
This school is overall great, but there are some teachers that ARE HORRIBLE! Jennifer carlson is one of those! She's not a very great teacher and she should be replaced. My older daughter had her In high school and now my other daughter has her. I would highly recomment that if your child gets her in the future to transfer her out. VERY UNSATISFIED with her.

James C. Enochs High School 3

Posted December 19, 2013
This school is great overall , great programs an all just some teachers can do a better job at updating grades & teaching better ! This is my second year and nothing but great times ! The students and their school spirit is just amazing ! Mrs.Jolliff is one of the best hardworking, caring teachers at enochs ! There is one concern and that's about my counselor , he's probably the worst , he doesn't help you , he's just so negative & if I can avoid talking to him I will , I prefer talking to college counselors instead , if I can change I would but I can't ! Other than that okay school

James C. Enochs High School 4

Posted November 12, 2013
My daughter goes to this school and she absolutely loves it. However, she is very disappointed in how Jennifer Carlson is running cheer this year. She has done in previous years and Nicole did an excellent job. My advice to the athletic advisor is to try and get Nicole to come back for the 2014-2015 school year. Carlson has made the 2013-2014 cheer season a bad one. As a mother I want my daughter to enjoy cheer. Jennifer carlson is NOT suited to be head cheer advisor. She is very unorganized, their is a lack of communication with not only the girls but the other coaches as well. If possible they should try to replace her ASAP! My daughter said she hopes Nicole will come back for next cheer season.

James C. Enochs High School 4

Posted August 01, 2012
My son is a student at Enochs and he has nothing but good things to say about Enochs High School. I myself have never encountered any problems working with the staff in terms of getting questions answered or problems handled. I would highly recommend this high school to any parent.

James C. Enochs High School 1

Posted July 11, 2012
This school has a gang problem that they refuse to admit having. Children are being harassed and beat up in the bathrooms, and after school. The ass. principal/head of supervision, acknowledges that he knows these things are happening, but does nothing to improve the situation. They choose to protect the gang members so that they do not have to admit that there is a problem to the community. A child is going to get seriously hurt or killed while this school chooses to ignore it's "problem." It may be a big, nice, fancy school... but don't let it's looks deceive you....it too has a gang problem, but the worst part about it is you will NOT get any help from staff. They will tell your child to "take care of it yourself." They do not care about the safety of their students.

Posted June 15, 2012
Don't let the bad press/media fool you -- this is a great school with some teachers who go above and beyond. My child is a special needs student in mainstream classes, and she's never bullied because she knows where to go. There are dozens of teachers who open up their rooms before and after school for tutoring, and sometimes students just "hang out" there because those are safe places. The bullies tend to hang out in corridors and outside where there's less supervision. Anyone who wants to pursue good things will find that good options are there.

James C. Enochs High School 2

Posted March 02, 2012
This is a great school - however, I have a below average because of the issues that arise that some people ignore and have the attitude of 'out of sight, out of mind." The teasing and bullying at this school comes silently and no one talks about it. The help isn't there for students to find an outlet.

Posted January 09, 2012
Absolutely great school! Very involved with the community, great teachers, and great students. Definitely a 5 star school!

Posted August 08, 2011
I am a student at Enochs High and ive only attended for a year but its the best school ive been to yet. The teachers are great and really seem to care about the students and the students are friendly, i wasnt bulied or anything. There are plenty of clubs and extra curricular activities to join and also many sports. The school is clean and safe and teachers use modern equipment. Overall a great school. :)

Posted March 12, 2010

James C. Enochs High School
3201 Sylvan Avenue, Modesto, CA  95355
Last modified James C. Enochs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James C. Enochs High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top