Posted April 17, 2014
Love having my kids in this school. The after school program is awesome and so is the staff..

Posted February 14, 2014
I felt compelled to write something in response to the last parent that posted. As a parent of a child with special needs that attends Stroud I have to disagree with the comments about Mr. Borba. Mr. Borba has always made himself available to my husband and I as well as our children. He will often stop what he is doing no matter how busy just to visit with our son or daughter. He has always been approachable and a great listener. I feel that Stroud has become a better school since he became principal and I know I'm not the only parent that feels this way. Keep up the great work Mr. Borba.

Posted September 10, 2013
It has great programs and Teachers are very involved with the students The school also has a great security system, visitors have to sign and before entering the school

Posted August 22, 2013
My kids attend Stroud elementary and we love it! The school is kindergarten to sixth grade. The teachers are awesome to work with. My son was falling behind, I expressed my concerns with his teacher and she was more than happy to work with us. The principle, Mr. Borba, is friendly and easy to approach. My kids don't get in trouble where they are sent to the principle's office but yet he knows them. He can be found walking around campus at any time of the day greeting students and parents. The kids and I love the after school program, Ssmile. When school lets out the kids sign in, have a snack and "wine down". Each grade has their own Ssmile leader that have planned the days activities. The first hour is dedicated to homework where the kids can start, finish, and get help. I really like that the kids are given time to do homework. When the hour is up, other activities are started. . .

Posted May 31, 2013
I attended this school when I was 6 and it was the best experience I've ever had. I still remember all my friends, my teachers -Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Freitas- it was wonderful how all of them welcomed me and if I could go back in time 6 years I would.

Posted March 20, 2012
Stroud School is the best school I've ever worked with! The principal Mr. Borba is the most visible and approachable principal I have ever experienced. He knows my kids even though they don't get in trouble. My children's teachers are supportive of my wife and I and we truly feel like we are part of the team as we try to educate our children. They go so far above and beyond just teaching. Even the yard duty staff are super helpful and welcoming. Ms. Traca is probably the nicest lady ever. Everyone is always smiling and ready to help. My family is so blessed to have moved to the Stroud attendance area. Stroud is definitely a bright STAR in a dark world!!!

Posted August 18, 2011
I attended Stroud 12 years ago. I was in 2nd grade when the school first opened. I still think of Stroud as a magical place. Many of the the friends I made there are still good friends of mine. Mr. Kempton inspired me to be a writer at the age of 8 a passion I still pursue. All three of my sisters and I had Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Klinkefus for sixth grade, we all regard them as two of our favorite teachers of all time. They made me wake up every morning wanting to go to school. Now that I graduted college I am pursuing a teaching credential and hope to one day become a teacher and teach at this school. The best little country school with a big heart and an exquisite faculty.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great school. Five of my grandchildren have attended or are now attending Stroud. It is a great school with great teachers- especially Mrs. Freitas, Mrs. Azevedo, Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Klinkefus. I would highly recommed this school to both advanced children and those with learning disabilities.

Alice N. Stroud Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2006
The academics met the standards- mostly good quality teachers that care. Both of my children had a good education there. Little music, not much for extracurricular activities. Not to many parents involved.

Posted July 19, 2005
Stroud Elementary is a wonderful school. My son has been blessed with two wonderful teachers (K & 1st grade) and a wonderful principal. The child/teacher ratio is great. My son gets plenty of one-on-one time with his teacher. The school has plenty of activities all year round for the students. Definitely an A+ school!

Alice N. Stroud Elementary School
815 Frazine Road, Modesto, CA  95357
Last modified Alice N. Stroud Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alice N. Stroud Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top