Modesto, CA

Posted June 02, 2015
We have had such a positive school experience at Hart-Ransom. My son was in Kindergarten this past year. He comes home everyday excited and wanting to show me things he has done or tell me something funny his teacher said. At the beginning of the year he was VERY nervous to start 'real school' which made me a very nervous mommy. However his kindergarten teacher, Ms. George, did an amazing job making him feel comfortable in her class. Ms. George was very patient with my boy and now he just loves school. I can't believe how much he has learned. HE READS! We just love HR!!!! We will stay all the way to 8th grade. (they go all the way to 8th, how great is that?!)

Hart-Ransom Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
This is school is a great school if you are "WHITE" They are very rude and have no compassion for families that are going through a hard time, such as a family with a child that has cancer. They offer no emotional support for siblings and they are not helpful at all. The staff have a very "Snooty" way about them. I will not be sending my child back next year. We own our home and are one street over from being in Paradise school district, but I thought Hart Ransom was going to be a nice school for my child to attend but I was sadly mistaken. We will be attending Paradise next year.

Hart-Ransom Elementary School 3

Posted July 28, 2013
Catherine Everett , nice school many great teachers , poor parent involvement. wonderful PTA they do alot for the school

Hart-Ransom Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2013
My son is an inter-district transfer to Hart Ransom. He has attended Grades K and 1st. We were considering sending him to private school but Hart Ransom suits our needs. The school has a small community feel to it, smaller class room size and caring/engaged teachers. The school facilites are well maintained too. (Parents of 1st graders: Mrs. Brickman is an AMAZING teacher). Best of all, my son enjoys going to school each day.

Hart-Ransom Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2013
I am very disappointed in this school. The mid 11school has a computer teacher that in my opinion needs to go!

Hart-Ransom Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2013
I rated the school a 3 because even though I love this school and I probably wouldn't change schools I am not very happy with how this past year has been. I have a Jr high student and a younger one I have loved all the teachers we have had here but the problems we have as a small school are not ok. My child was being picked on and I came to the Principal to discuss this and I felt like it was never taken care of. In my opinion the Principal here needs to be replaced, she is either gone, unavailable, or tells parents what they want to hear but doesn't actually back it up! She has no backbone and is far from consistent which is why this school is going down hill. If it wasn't for the teachers we would be gone!

Posted August 21, 2012
4 of my 6 children have started att ending Hart Ransom 4 years ago. Which 2 are still babies, but when old enough will attend this school on a positive note. The four that have and are still attending have not only succeeded extremely, they have been challenged to extremes. Which only has made them stronger / better and more successful! This school is one of the best ever seen. My wife and I will do anything in our power to keep them continuing at this location till grad. day! The teachers and staff are dedicated and great to the growth of our children. Oh yea, all my kids personally have individually expressed how much they want to stay in Hart Ransom.

Hart-Ransom Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2010
I pulled my children out of this school because they did not challenge my child at his reading and math level. My child was a first grader reading at a higher level (the teacher did not tell me what level he was in because she tested every child at the same low level). I took my child to get assessed else where and tested higher than 1st grade level. Why have a parent teacher conference if the teacher can't tell me what reading level my child is? I couldn't believe it! This school does not offer GATE . The teacher my child had believed that every child had to be on the same page. In other words they do not challenge the children that are advanced. The principal was not supportive and is not approachable.

Posted August 04, 2009
I have 3 kids that attend Hart Ransom and I absolutely love this school. They highly encourage parent involvment and want the kids to succeed. My daughter is going into the 8th grade and has been there since Kidnagarten. They are interdistrict transfers and I drive across town just so they can go there!! I wouldn't have it any other way:)

Posted May 24, 2009
I have 2 boys that go here, my oldest is in 4th and my youngest is in K. I have loved every year at this school. My oldest is pretty good so I can't say I have had a lot of experience with the support room but in the few times I have Mrs. Harty is pretty good about nipping it in the butt A.S.A.P. There will always been things that I may not agree with how it's handled but when I ask my other friends who's kids go to surrounding schools, it makes me thankful that I am here. I have loved every teacher we have had so far and I really enjoy the office ladies as well. Parents would be lucky if their kids can go to this school.

Hart-Ransom Elementary School
3930 Shoemake Avenue, Modesto, CA  95358
Last modified Hart-Ransom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hart-Ransom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top