Bad
Good

Everybody at this school seems really careless, starting with the principal and everybody else at the district office. If they could change that it would be a good school.

My children attend this school and I have found that they discriminate against children with disabilities and if there is a bullying problem teachers just ignore the problem. The principal is just there to get through the day and not a care in the world about the children etc. She comes off as a mean person that forces a fake smile I often Wonder why people choose to work at schools etc if they dont enjoy working with children.

We have had such a positive school experience at Hart-Ransom. My son was in Kindergarten this past year. He comes home everyday excited and wanting to show me things he has done or tell me something funny his teacher said. At the beginning of the year he was VERY nervous to start 'real school' which made me a very nervous mommy. However his kindergarten teacher, Ms. George, did an amazing job making him feel comfortable in her class. Ms. George was very patient with my boy and now he just loves school. I can't believe how much he has learned. HE READS! We just love HR!!!! We will stay all the way to 8th grade. (they go all the way to 8th, how great is that?!)

This is school is a great school if you are "WHITE" They are very rude and have no compassion for families that are going through a hard time, such as a family with a child that has cancer. They offer no emotional support for siblings and they are not helpful at all. The staff have a very "Snooty" way about them. I will not be sending my child back next year. We own our home and are one street over from being in Paradise school district, but I thought Hart Ransom was going to be a nice school for my child to attend but I was sadly mistaken. We will be attending Paradise next year.

Catherine Everett , nice school many great teachers , poor parent involvement. wonderful PTA they do alot for the school

My son is an inter-district transfer to Hart Ransom. He has attended Grades K and 1st. We were considering sending him to private school but Hart Ransom suits our needs. The school has a small community feel to it, smaller class room size and caring/engaged teachers. The school facilites are well maintained too. (Parents of 1st graders: Mrs. Brickman is an AMAZING teacher). Best of all, my son enjoys going to school each day.

I am very disappointed in this school. The mid 11school has a computer teacher that in my opinion needs to go!

I rated the school a 3 because even though I love this school and I probably wouldn't change schools I am not very happy with how this past year has been. I have a Jr high student and a younger one I have loved all the teachers we have had here but the problems we have as a small school are not ok. My child was being picked on and I came to the Principal to discuss this and I felt like it was never taken care of. In my opinion the Principal here needs to be replaced, she is either gone, unavailable, or tells parents what they want to hear but doesn't actually back it up! She has no backbone and is far from consistent which is why this school is going down hill. If it wasn't for the teachers we would be gone!

4 of my 6 children have started att ending Hart Ransom 4 years ago. Which 2 are still babies, but when old enough will attend this school on a positive note. The four that have and are still attending have not only succeeded extremely, they have been challenged to extremes. Which only has made them stronger / better and more successful! This school is one of the best ever seen. My wife and I will do anything in our power to keep them continuing at this location till grad. day! The teachers and staff are dedicated and great to the growth of our children. Oh yea, all my kids personally have individually expressed how much they want to stay in Hart Ransom.

I pulled my children out of this school because they did not challenge my child at his reading and math level. My child was a first grader reading at a higher level (the teacher did not tell me what level he was in because she tested every child at the same low level). I took my child to get assessed else where and tested higher than 1st grade level. Why have a parent teacher conference if the teacher can't tell me what reading level my child is? I couldn't believe it! This school does not offer GATE . The teacher my child had believed that every child had to be on the same page. In other words they do not challenge the children that are advanced. The principal was not supportive and is not approachable.

Last modified Hart-Ransom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.