Bad
Good

Elihu Beard Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2013
I had my kindergartener there for almost 3 months this year and it nearly broke her to be there. Crying not to go and faking sick which led to chronic tummy aches. She told me the teacher was always yelling and kids hitting a few had to be sent to the office weekly. The teacher came close to snapping on days I volunteered, the class had a few I learn when I feel type and a few who may have ADHA. I get why, but try explaining to a 5 year old your teacher isn't mean just stressed. The lessons focused on material I felt was more mid year review at lest. During the 1st month they started sight words, writing words and numbers daily. If there was enough volunteers solo testing than tutoring on sight words, counting to 100. Daily worksheets later on added homework packets giving 5 weekdays to finish. Zoophonics ABC song was all I saw for phonics and ABC learning. And maybe a few days of art cut&paste and color type. No placement tests and no gifted program this was a random placement kindergarten class. I wish it was ONLY mama bear rage, the class could have improved but I wasn't going to wait it out. I pulled her and now homeschooling, she happier and her health has improved.

Elihu Beard Elementary School

Posted August 31, 2009
i had 2 chidren that attened this school one in 6th & k i love the teachers my 6th grader graduated to 7th grade and we moved across country to Pa or my daughter would of continued all the way till graduation of 6th grade we love beard

Elihu Beard Elementary School 4

Posted November 17, 2008
I have 2 daughters in this school, 5th, and K. i really like this school. The band program is great! the teachers are great, and the kids are happy there!!!

Elihu Beard Elementary School 5

Posted November 13, 2008
My daughter just started attending Beard Elementary this year and my husband and I love it. She attended a different Modesto City School for 2 weeks at the beginning of the year and was having trouble reading. After only a month of being in Mrs Stevens class at Beard she has gone up 6 reading levels. The office staff is super nice too!

Elihu Beard Elementary School 5

Posted November 28, 2004
Beard is a great school. My husband went there and now our children attend Beard. Mr. Fields is a new principal this year and really has added a new excitement to the school. The children really seem to respond well to his leadership. I am very excited to be a part of Beards future for the next few years.

Elihu Beard Elementary School
915 Bowen Avenue, Modesto, CA  95350-3096
Last modified Elihu Beard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.