Posted September 19, 2010
Im a 4yr GATE and 2yr Honor student attending La Loma presently La Loma is a great junior high that has a great principle, great teachers and great programs and is nothing like the past reviews of this school. During 2yrs at La Loma all my teachers have been efficient and quick to getting me answers about my grades and how I can improve it. Although this year was the last year of spanish i hope they bring back the elective back for students in the future. The principal here is great and works with parents who have questions about anything. The programs at La Loma range from a great music program to an excellent yearbook staff and offers many extracurricular activities. The honors program is great with teachers who want students to succeed. For the parents who are concerned about the safety of this school its a very safe environment.

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009

La Loma Junior High School 3

Posted March 11, 2009
La Loma is a good school it has good sports for teens concidering most schools cut sports La loma has dance, softball(girls), boy and girl basketball, girls vollyball and track&feild The only sport we don't have anymore is cheerleading but we look to have it back next year for 2009-2010 school year

Posted March 01, 2009
I am a student at La Loma and I find this school very unsatisfactory. The teachers don't explain what they are teaching and do the minimum to get the job done. even when you complain to the office, they don't believe you, and do absolutely nothing about it. They say they they have rules, but don't seem to enforce them as needed.

La Loma Junior High School 0

Posted February 06, 2009
i went to la Loma and the school is great. i now live in North Carolina. i miss all my teachers, especially Mrs Lima. mariana!!

Posted February 03, 2009
My son had straight As, Until he came here. The teachers aren't very great, They just do what they have to to get the job done.

La Loma Junior High School 4

Posted November 09, 2007
My daughter is an 8th grader at La Loma,she is very happy,have not problems with teachers and she had improved a lot in the last year,keep it up.

Posted August 30, 2007
My son attended La Loma from 05/06 & 06/07 school years and I was impressed with them. They were understanding and patient with him to say the least. He is ADHD and they understood him and worked hard to assist him in his learning. They didn't allow him to 'use' his condition and worked with him to understand it more. They kept regular contact with me & his dad (we're divorced) on any problem and progress. Because of the dedication of each teacher and administrator he enjoyed going to school even on bad days. I am very grateful to them. Now my youngest one is attending so we'll see how they work with her and she has learning disabilities which other kids don't understand so we'll see how that goes & I'll be back here to share my opinion on that.

La Loma Junior High School 4

Posted August 10, 2007
I think that readers should keep in mind that these postings are OLD! As a teacher at La Loma, I think that most of our staff care very much about our students and try hard to work with them to optimize the learning of all of our students. I strongly encourage all parents to keep in regular contact with their students' teachers (we all have access to email, as well as the telephone). If they are unsatisfied with things, it is important that they voice those concerns appropriately, working first with the teachers and then working with administrators at the site and district level until an understanding is reached. Junior high is an age where students need to take on more responsibility for their actions (homework, etc). Most staff members still try to keep parents apprised of their student's progress on a regular basis throughout the semester.

La Loma Junior High School
1800 Encina Avenue, Modesto, CA  95354
Last modified La Loma Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Loma Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.