Bad
Good

I am a first year parent at this school with a child in Mrs. Liu's kindergarten class. We choose this school based on there education review but will not be having our child return next year .very disappointed. In how fast this school is in suspending and writing up kindergarteners labeling these young kids with words as if they are complete misfits .my child's teacher has been at the school for 20 years and in my eyes as well as the other parents she has more then likely reached here limit in patients and understanding of 5 and 6 years olds send letters home in the first month complaining about having to tie shoes and bathroom usage ....ridiculous.....this school in my opinion is good for the education and that is all as for real concern and understanding of kids I say very poor

Lakewood is a 5 School! Great GATE program,drama,art,sign club,band,PTA,great staff and teacher's! Ect. Parents are very involved great school great neighborhood!

Lakewood is a outstanding school! Awesome teachers and families! The teachers,staff and parent's are all great! Everyone is involved and really care about the children's all round education. High education and moral standards! Top Notch!

My son has attended this school for the past 4 years and every year I am more and more impressed with our teachers. We have had nothing but excellent teachers with years of experience and a wonderful drive to make education the top priority for the students as well as the parents. Education is the first priority for Lakewood and it shows. We bought a house where we did to be zoned for Lakewood and it was one of the best decisions we could have made for our kids.

We bought a house in this school district specifically so our kids could go to Lakewood. I went to this school as a student, and now my kids are students here. This is the best elementary school in the city.

This school teaches poor values and the parents teach poor ethics.

I am a former student and now parent at this outstanding school. I had a great experience at Lakewood that will remain with me for ever, and my children are have the same experience. I have one child who just graduated last year 08 and now have one in first grade and two more that will attend in the next four years, they have an awsome drama program, sign club, jump rope and I could go on and on. I would say to anyone this school is for you child, even if you have a disabled or deaf child they can attend too, the PTA is awsome, Staff is very nice and does there job! It is a school that makes a great impact and remains not only with the child but with the whole family, it is a very family friendly school, your always at home even 30yrs later!

My son was at Lakewood from 1st until part of 3rd grade last year. I relocated out of Modesto intentionally due to quality issues with Lakewood. Yes it has a GATE program (my son participated in it) but there is way too much teaching to the test. Volume of homework does not necessarily mean improved quality of education. Also I found some of the parents to be overly cliquish and focused on material things. There is considerable bullying at the school. Also children that do not fit the 'perfect mode' have a difficult time getting the supplemental help they need.

Great School, excellent parent involvement, teacher quality I rate A+. Overall I think best elementary school in Stanislaus County. Principal leadership has always been high quality until now. Current principal is not Lakewood quality nor leadership quality.

Great school. Seasoned teachers and great support system provided here for students. Nice upbeat environment and very active parents who participate in their children's needs. Supervisory staff is very nice and principal is very nice and very active in the schools functions. Principal and teachers here really care about the students.

Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.