Posted April 02, 2014
Lakewood is a 5 School! Great GATE program,drama,art,sign club,band,PTA,great staff and teacher's! Ect. Parents are very involved great school great neighborhood!

Posted June 18, 2013
Lakewood is a outstanding school! Awesome teachers and families! The teachers,staff and parent's are all great! Everyone is involved and really care about the children's all round education. High education and moral standards! Top Notch!

Posted February 05, 2013
My son has attended this school for the past 4 years and every year I am more and more impressed with our teachers. We have had nothing but excellent teachers with years of experience and a wonderful drive to make education the top priority for the students as well as the parents. Education is the first priority for Lakewood and it shows. We bought a house where we did to be zoned for Lakewood and it was one of the best decisions we could have made for our kids.

Posted September 30, 2012
We bought a house in this school district specifically so our kids could go to Lakewood. I went to this school as a student, and now my kids are students here. This is the best elementary school in the city.

Lakewood Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
This school teaches poor values and the parents teach poor ethics.

Posted September 10, 2008
I am a former student and now parent at this outstanding school. I had a great experience at Lakewood that will remain with me for ever, and my children are have the same experience. I have one child who just graduated last year 08 and now have one in first grade and two more that will attend in the next four years, they have an awsome drama program, sign club, jump rope and I could go on and on. I would say to anyone this school is for you child, even if you have a disabled or deaf child they can attend too, the PTA is awsome, Staff is very nice and does there job! It is a school that makes a great impact and remains not only with the child but with the whole family, it is a very family friendly school, your always at home even 30yrs later!

Lakewood Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2008

Posted August 13, 2007

Lakewood Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2007
My son was at Lakewood from 1st until part of 3rd grade last year. I relocated out of Modesto intentionally due to quality issues with Lakewood. Yes it has a GATE program (my son participated in it) but there is way too much teaching to the test. Volume of homework does not necessarily mean improved quality of education. Also I found some of the parents to be overly cliquish and focused on material things. There is considerable bullying at the school. Also children that do not fit the 'perfect mode' have a difficult time getting the supplemental help they need.

Posted March 11, 2007
Great School, excellent parent involvement, teacher quality I rate A+. Overall I think best elementary school in Stanislaus County. Principal leadership has always been high quality until now. Current principal is not Lakewood quality nor leadership quality.

Lakewood Elementary School
2920 Middleboro Place, Modesto, CA  95355
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top