Modesto, CA

Alberta Martone Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2013
I would have to say all the ladies in the office are very nice...Most teachers are very nice..I would have to say the down fall to this school is the Principal...I really wish they would get another whos more caring and more into the kids at Martone being successful rather then put a child down and make them feel like they wont ever be successful.

Posted May 09, 2012
I went to Martone Elementary School from grades K-6, and am currently in college now getting my degree in education. I still go back and visit every summer to say hello to those teachers that remain there from when I was young, that are the very reason I decided to become a teacher. This school has wonderful teachers, a great family orientated atmosphere, and since it's a smaller school, I always felt that each teacher I had, always gave me the one on one time that I needed to succeed. And not just because they felt obligated, but because they loved their job! I hope that I can one day teach at Martone, and that I can have the privilege to work alongside such wonderful, dedicated people.

Posted July 07, 2010
I have taught at Martone for six years now. I served in the GATE program for the duration. Martone is close knit family school. There is spirit of teamwork among the teachers and every student is cared for by every teacher. Martone has recently become more technologicallly savvy with the addition of multimedia technology carts used by teachers in every room. Students participate in a whole host of extra-curricular activities and review programs are available for those who need help. All of the staff members are professionals in their field. They pride themselves in continuous professional development coursework and maintain their sharp edge in the teaching field. This year was my last at Martone, but I hope to have my own children attend there one day. Finally, the administration is known for their ability to LISTEN and follow-up. Go Mustangs!

Posted October 21, 2008
This school is very good at giving children the credit they deserve. Whether its giving them awards for their effort. They have an awards ceromony once a week. I think that gives the children something to look forward to and something to work towards. They also have a California Distinguish Award for 2008. I think that says something.

Posted July 10, 2008
I am very pleased with the resources offered to my son and how nice the front office staff and all other administrators are including the principle and vice principle. I feel they have my son's best interest in mind. I have left messages for the vice principle and she calls me back promptly herself. The school is always very clean and very safe. My only complaint would be the lack of parent involvement. It saddens me to only see a few moms and dads show up the PTA meetingsand various other meetings the school has for families.

Posted June 15, 2007
The new administration is meeting the challenges head on. They are making changes where needed and don't mind saying 'this did not work, let's try .... My daughter is in the GATE program. It challenges her and the teachers are wonderful. Very responsive to Parents

Posted May 26, 2007
I like this school as my kids are learning alot and the teachers are great. What I don't like is that my kids and myself have to go through the teahers before talking to the principal or vice principal before anything can get solved. If it doesn't involve the teacher or a student in the class we should be able to talk to the principal or the vice principal when we need too.

Posted October 12, 2006
They have had to many principals in the past 4 years. The music department does not allow the kids to chose which instrument they would like to play. The office staff just changed over and are nice. clean school and nice area,low parent involement.

Posted May 10, 2006
Teachers range from average to excellent. The academic programs are a bit lacking, but that is not uncommon in the era of the shrinking education budgets. There is an orchestra program. Parental involvement was shockingly sparse in this school.

Posted April 07, 2006
This is excellent school with a very caring teaching staff and wonderful, helpful office staff. They all go above and beyond what is expected. All is needed is a strong, permanent, principal who supports their school and stands up for their staff. I highly recommend this school. High scores and great curriculum! Mrs. Gutierrez, the Vice-Principal is the best thing that has happened to this school in the past few years!

Alberta Martone Elementary School
1413 Poust Road, Modesto, CA  95358
Last modified Alberta Martone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alberta Martone Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top