John Muir Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2013
THIS SCHOOL HAS DONE A GREAT JOB FOR MY SON ..HE LOVE HIS SCHOOL.I HOPE THAT THIS SCHOOL GETS BETTER AND AND BETTER

Posted August 19, 2013
John Muir is a school with alot of potential the staff at the school are the most caring and they do the very best with what they have to work with. My grandson started kindergarden this year and just looking around the classroom, cafateria and playgrounds theres alot of room for improvement his grandfather and i are going to do what we can out of our pocket but we fill there is monies out there that could go to help such a wonderful school in need. thank you for listening. thank you - a concerned grandma

Posted July 31, 2013
My children have attended John Muir for one year. It is not a horrible school, but it is not a great school. It is pretty average, but it is good enough to keep my kids there instead of continuously changing schools on them. My daughter had an excellent Kindergarten teacher that could handle my daughter's difficult behaviors well. Overall I am happy enough with this school to keep them there. Changing schools on kids constantly because it's not perfect is not good for them I do with that more schools in Modesto offered some sort of formal music education from K-4th, instead of starting them out in band in 5th.

Posted March 26, 2011
I am the same positive person who posted on October 5, 2010. Unfortunately, I have a different view after 6 months and that is all I am going to say about the issue. I am investigating other schools for next year, especially after watching "Waiting for Superman"! Respectfully, Melissa M.

Posted September 24, 2010
this is a school that needs inprovement.the yard duties are very rude&after school program is not good at all.the staff at after school program are way to strict.but,the schools safty patrol is realy great so why is the school not so great at all.

John Muir Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2010
Most of the teachers and staff at this school do the bear minimum to get by, this shows in their test scores. There are very few parents that show any kind of involvement and the few that do are not appreciated by the principal or staff unless you are in with their "click". Very juvinile behavior by what should be mature professionals. The cafeteria staff spends the entire lunch yelling at the kids, it is quite a terrible way to for children to spend their lunch time. Very dissapointed in this school.

Posted July 21, 2010
I had a herendous expierence with this school this past year wih my one child and the current principal should be removed.She is not qualified to be in charge of any school.I am so happy my child will attend a different school this year.This school should be part of them cutting back and close it down to give monies to better schools.

John Muir Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
this is a horrible school, the principal yelled in my childs face, the teacher cant control her temper and the yard duties are rude. Not to mention the test scores are so bad a letter was sent home stating we could pull our kids from that school and they would be accepted anywhere. I WILL NOT BE SENDING MY CHILD BACK TO THIS SCHOOL NEXT YEAR.

John Muir Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2009
Im a parent and my child has attended John Muir since Kindergarten, but this year my child was to finish graduating and had a set back to being ill, if it wasnt for resources and summer school he wouldnt be passing with out his awesome summer school teachers , no help really from my childs room teacher since the class was so behind we were very disappointed with this year. Over all my child has had the best of the best teachers while attending John Muir keep up the great teaching.

Posted July 16, 2009
The school overall is okay. They do have some very good teachers there. A few were awesome. I am disappointed with the new Principal. I feel she lacks people & verbal skills. The after school program this year was a disappointment also. My daughter loved going to the ASP except for this year when they brought in a new set of personnel also lacking people & communication skills.

John Muir Elementary School
1215 Lucerne Avenue, Modesto, CA  95350
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top