Bad
Good

I feel this school, especially given the area it is located and in comparison to nearby schools, is very lacking. The academics are good for the most part; however, the school is very lacking in parent/kid/family involvement. There is very little in extracurricular activities, very little in PTA events (that are NOT fundraisers/kids out selling things...) and it has little to no cohesiveness with the community. I think the teachers and staff are caring, but would highly NOT recommend Mrs. Hill among this group. The amount of parent complaints in regards to this teacher are astounding and, as she is tenured, the complaints go unrecognized. I think Sonoma needs to step up as the school it used to be.

I attended Sonoma School in the GATE program. I remember being challenged by the diverse curriculum, my teachers, staff, and my fellow students. I was an average student there - but remained in the top 1% of my classes through Jr. High and High School. My secondary school experiences to be much less challenging than my elementary school. I went on the major in Aeronautical Engineering in one of the nation's top universities and have recently completed Law School at a Big Ten school. The values, habits, and lessons, I learned at Sonoma have remained with me for a lifetime - I usually come back to visit whenever I make it back to California. At Sonoma, I studied under Mrs. Garrison, Mr. Jeff Brown, and Mr. Carl McKinney - an excellent experience that I appreciate much more with hindsight.

Both of my children have attended Sonoma. Great school and staff. Some over barring parents make classroom participation difficult but all in all love the school.

This is a fantastic school. The teachers are great the staff is great. Parent participation is huge and they have activities they do for the kids and the school. They alos have several extra programs that most schools have cut such as; chorus, music, band, and art with a real art teacher (Lori). They also have programs such as Amigos where students help the handicap kids to class and out on the play gound and back out to the bus.

This school has a GREAT program for disabled kids. They are treated as people, not lower than. The able bodied kids learn a lot from helping and that is EXCELLENT!

the first grade teachers are awesome but the highter you go the teachers and their aides are stuck up but the kids and parents are down to earth the programs in this school are awesome

My daughter attended Sonoma from Kindergarten through 2nd grade. I believe that she received an excellent education there, and her teachers were great! I didn't feel a lot of warmth from the principal, but my daughter certainly liked her. If we had not moved out of the area, I would have been happy to still have her there.

The only good thing about Sonoma are the programs like art, traffic patrol, and music.

Last modified Sonoma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.