Posted October 05, 2013
I attended Sonoma School in the GATE program. I remember being challenged by the diverse curriculum, my teachers, staff, and my fellow students. I was an average student there - but remained in the top 1% of my classes through Jr. High and High School. My secondary school experiences to be much less challenging than my elementary school. I went on the major in Aeronautical Engineering in one of the nation's top universities and have recently completed Law School at a Big Ten school. The values, habits, and lessons, I learned at Sonoma have remained with me for a lifetime - I usually come back to visit whenever I make it back to California. At Sonoma, I studied under Mrs. Garrison, Mr. Jeff Brown, and Mr. Carl McKinney - an excellent experience that I appreciate much more with hindsight.

Posted June 05, 2011
Both of my children have attended Sonoma. Great school and staff. Some over barring parents make classroom participation difficult but all in all love the school.

Posted March 11, 2011
This is a fantastic school. The teachers are great the staff is great. Parent participation is huge and they have activities they do for the kids and the school. They alos have several extra programs that most schools have cut such as; chorus, music, band, and art with a real art teacher (Lori). They also have programs such as Amigos where students help the handicap kids to class and out on the play gound and back out to the bus.

Posted October 07, 2009
This school has a GREAT program for disabled kids. They are treated as people, not lower than. The able bodied kids learn a lot from helping and that is EXCELLENT!

Sonoma Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2009

Posted March 21, 2009
the first grade teachers are awesome but the highter you go the teachers and their aides are stuck up but the kids and parents are down to earth the programs in this school are awesome

Posted February 03, 2009

Sonoma Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2008
My daughter attended Sonoma from Kindergarten through 2nd grade. I believe that she received an excellent education there, and her teachers were great! I didn't feel a lot of warmth from the principal, but my daughter certainly liked her. If we had not moved out of the area, I would have been happy to still have her there.

Sonoma Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2007
The only good thing about Sonoma are the programs like art, traffic patrol, and music.

Posted March 17, 2006
My son started Sonoma in the 3rd grade GATE program. THe school offers an art teacher, music lessons, chorus, spanish, an amigo's program where able bodied students pair up with a handicapped student. There are many special events such as math night or festival of the arts. Both years there has been plenty of parent involvement. I think this school has alot to offer and all of the teachers and staff are very friendly and approchable. A+

Sonoma Elementary School
1325 Sonoma Avenue, Modesto, CA  95355
Last modified Sonoma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoma Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top